Athletic P.E. Exemption/Waiver
Important Things You Need To Know
Athletes must attend a mandatory lunch meeting with the Athletic Director (AD) or administrative designee to be eligible for a PE waiver. All documents are handed out during the meeting and can’t be issued by coaches or counselors. Contact the AD for individual questions (firstname.lastname@example.org
2020-2021: Due to Covid-19 and the changes to sports, the PE Exemption process will change for this school year. More info to come, please stay tuned!
- Seniors cannot request a PE Waiver for Tri-3. Unfortunately, these are the sports that fall in Season 2 (Tri-3) this year only: Boys & Girls Basketball, Baseball, Comp. Cheer, Boys & Girls Golf, Boys & Girls Lacrosse, Boys & Girls Soccer, Softball, Swim & Dive, Boys & Girls Tennis, Track & Field and Wrestling
- TBD -
You must attend a mandatory meeting during one of the in-season dates listed below to receive your P.E. exemption form.
You must fill out your P.E. exemption form correctly and return it to the Athletic office by 3:45 p.m. on the designated due date. Any late forms will NOT be accepted under any circumstance.
- You do not qualify for an athletic exemption form if you are:
- Currently in a P.E. class
- Currently in OCIS-PE
- Currently a Freshman
- Currently a Senior applying for Trimester 3
Academic ineligibility, excessive absences, and/or injury may disqualify the exemption.
- It's the student’s responsibility to fulfill the sport’s requirements and to return completed paperwork by deadline dates.
Mandatory Athletic Exemption Meeting/Due Dates for 2020-2021: TBA
Meetings are at the beginning of lunch in the Nighthawk Center and will start promptly 5 minutes after the lunch bell. If you are late, you will not be given a form.
Meeting Dates: TBA
Form Due Date:
- Meeting Dates: N/A
- Form Due Date: N/A
- Meeting Dates: TBA
- Form Due Date: TBA
- NO late forms will be accepted!
If you have any additional questions, please call (858) 487-0877 ext. 6318