Athletic P.E. Exemption/Waiver
December 8, 2020: Due to Covid-19 and the changes to sports, the PE Exemption process will change for this school year. PE Waivers are only available if CIF sports are being played and all sports are currently on hold. We expect another update after January 1st, 2021 from CIF and we will post more information at that time.
Important Things You Need To Know
Athletes must attend a mandatory lunch meeting with the Athletic Director (AD) or administrative designee to be eligible for a PE waiver. All documents are handed out during the meeting and can’t be issued by coaches or counselors. Contact the AD for individual questions (firstname.lastname@example.org
- Seniors cannot request a PE Waiver for Tri-3. Unfortunately, these are the sports that fall in Season 2 (Tri-3) this year only: Boys & Girls Basketball, Baseball, Comp. Cheer, Boys & Girls Golf, Boys & Girls Lacrosse, Boys & Girls Soccer, Softball, Swim & Dive, Boys & Girls Tennis, Track & Field Boys Volleyball and Wrestling
- TBD -
You must attend a mandatory meeting during one of the in-season dates listed below to receive your P.E. exemption form.
You must fill out your P.E. exemption form correctly and return it to the Athletic office by 3:45 p.m. on the designated due date. Any late forms will NOT be accepted under any circumstance.
- You do not qualify for an athletic exemption form if you are:
- Currently in a P.E. class
- Currently in OCIS-PE
- Currently a Freshman
- Currently a Senior applying for Trimester 3
Academic ineligibility, excessive absences, and/or injury may disqualify the exemption.
- It's the student’s responsibility to fulfill the sport’s requirements and to return completed paperwork by deadline dates.
Mandatory Athletic Exemption Meeting/Due Dates for 2020-2021: TBA
Meetings are at the beginning of lunch in the Nighthawk Center and will start promptly 5 minutes after the lunch bell. If you are late, you will not be given a form.
Meeting Dates: TBA
Form Due Date:
- Meeting Dates: N/A
- Form Due Date: N/A
- Meeting Dates: TBA
- Form Due Date: TBA
- NO late forms will be accepted!
If you have any additional questions, please call (858) 487-0877 ext. 6318