Del Norte School Code: 2YESW7
We appreciate your patience as we process Ticket to Play forms.
You can check your clearance status in Dragonfly at any time (scroll down to step #4).
Contact Kim Woolstencroft (email@example.com
) or Julia Longstaff (firstname.lastname@example.org
) for questions, concerns, and help.
All Ticket to Play paperwork must be completed/uploaded and approved
Click here for the 2021-22 CIF Master Calendar
by the Athletic Department before the start date of the season.
Athletes cannot participate until their paperwork is approved.
of season dates (subject to change).
How to Complete the Ticket to Play Process
Students who are interested in trying out for a sport are required to obtain a Pre-Participation Physical Exam and parents/guardians/students must complete paperwork annually,
also called "Ticket to Play" paperwork.
The Ticket to Play process is required to be done once each school year, not each sport season.
1. Complete all Ticket to Play Forms Electronically through DragonFly MAX
- Click here for Athletic Forms Checklist
- New students and 9th graders: Parent/guardian should use a computer to sign up for a free account with parent/guardian email first, create a profile for their student(s), then follow the prompts to complete the paperwork for your athlete(s).
- Current 8th graders: Ticket to Play forms will not be available until the end of the school year (May/June); you should wait until then to create an account and complete it.
- Returning athletes: Parent/guardian should login to Dragonfly, click on the athlete's profile, then click on the red semi-circle at the bottom of the page under "Prep for 2021-22" to complete the forms electronically.
►The only forms (2) that you will need to print then upload after they are filled out completely are the Medical History Form and Physical Form.
►When parent/guardian/athlete portion of electronic forms are completed/uploaded, the athlete's profile will show 78%. The other 22% will need to be approved/completed by the athletic department.
► Use the DragonFly Academy and/or the red messaging button in the bottom left corner on the Dragonfly website to chat with a Dragonfly Team member.
► Contact Kim Woolstencroft (email@example.com) or Julia Longstaff (firstname.lastname@example.org)
2. Visit a Medical Professional for a Pre-Participation Physical Exam
3. Upload the Medical History and Physical Form to Dragonfly
- Click here for PLACES TO GET A PHYSICAL EXAM and information/rules about Physicals
- All athletes are required to obtain a physical exam but the physical can not expire during their sport season. Physicals are valid for 365 days.
- This must be done with one of the following California Licensed health care professionals:
- Physician (MD/DO)
- Physician’s Assistant (PA-C)
- Nurse Practitioner (NP)
- Chiropractor (DC)
- Take the Medical History & Physical Forms with you to your exam
- Page one (1) should be completed and signed by parent/athlete
- Page two (2) is for the health care provider to complete
- NOTE: If your student will need to carry medication at school and during athletics, the doctor/parent/student must complete the following forms. A copy of these forms should be sent to the DNHS Health Office and all medication must be verified by the Health Technician. We strongly recommend students carry their inhaler and/or epi-pens for athletic practices and competitions.
You may upload the Medical History and Physical Exam forms to Dragonfly OR submit the original hard copies to the Athletic Desk in the front office during regular school hours. Please be sure all names, dates, stamps, and signatures are included.
► If you have questions or concerns about uploading these documents, please email Kim Woolstencroft (email@example.com) or Julia Longstaff (firstname.lastname@example.org)
4. Collect your blue Ticket to Play card before tryouts
- After you have uploaded/signed ALL electronic forms, the athlete profile should show 78% while "pending approval" for the medical forms. The athletic department will need to review and approve the forms to "clear" the athlete in DragonFly. After cleared, the athlete's profile will show green and say "READY!" under "Prep for 2021-22". If you don't see this, the athlete is not yet cleared.
- We appreciate your patience as we work on carefully reviewing all forms.
- Dates for ticket pick up TBA
- Fall Season Sports:
- Winter Season Sports:
- Spring Season Sports:
If these steps are not completed: No ticket, No tryouts, No exceptions!
→ Transfer students are considered students who have attended another high school prior to becoming a student at Del Norte High School. Transfer students must meet with the Athletic Director to begin the Ticket to Play process. The student must clear Residential Eligibility before being allowed to participate at Del Norte High School. Parents of transfer students need to contact the Athletic Office (858) 487-0877 ext. 6318
Check your Cleared Status in DragonFly
You can login to DragonFly as often as you'd like to update important information, check the paperwork clearance status of your athlete, and check injury information throughout the season. Contact the Athletic Trainer (AT) if your child has an injury you are concerned about.
Use the DragonFly Mobile App
- Download the mobile app and allow notifications!
- Athletes can use it to check in for treatment with the AT
- AT will use it for injury status and messages sent to coaches/parents
- Coaches can use it to send messages to the whole team, parents, or individual athletes
- Parents can get notifications of injuries and messages from AT/coaches
IMPORTANT THINGS TO NOTE:
- Physicals are valid for 12 months and cannot expire during your sport season including playoffs.
- If the student is transferring from another school, parents should ask for the athlete's physical from that school and email/bring it to Del Norte Athletics Office.
- Ticket to Play process/paperwork must be completed each school year.
- If you don't have access to a computer or printer at home to complete this process, contact the athletic office.