Del Norte School Code: 2YESW7
(Click logo to visit website)
Students who are interested in trying out for a sport at Del Norte are required to obtain a Pre-Participation Physical Exam and must complete Ticket to Play paperwork annually. Beginning in May 2019 for the 2019-2020 school year, the Athletic department will use an online system called DragonFly MAX for electronic Ticket to Play paperwork.
Four Steps to Obtain Your Ticket to Play
A blue Ticket to Play card is required for participation in all DNHS Athletics.
The following steps are required to be done once each school year (not each sport season).
Click here for Athletic Forms Checklist
- Complete all Ticket to Play forms electronically through Dragonfly MAX. Parents should use a computer to register first, create a profile for their student(s) and complete the forms electronically. Once the forms are completed, parents and athletes should download the DragonFly mobile app. The only Dragonfly form that you will need to print is the "Dragonfly Completion Page."
Click here for DragonFly MAX Sign-up Handout
Click here for Dragonfly MAX Parent Instruction Handout
- See a medical professional for a Pre-Participation Physical Exam. This can be completed with a Physician (MD/DO), Physician’s Assistant (PA), Nurse Practitioner (NP), or Chiropractor (DC) licensed in the state of CA. You may see your own healthcare provider or you can attend DNHS Annual Physical Night in May.
Take these forms with you: Pre-Participation Medical History & Physical Forms
Page one should be completed and signed by parent/athlete.
Page two is for the healthcare provider to complete.
*** If your student will need to carry medication at school and during athletics doctor/parent/student
must complete the following forms: Life Threatening Allergy Plan H-58
Authorization for Medication Administration H-26
Authorization to Carry Medication H-26b
***A copy of these forms must also be submitted to DNHS Health Office. You may email them to
the health technician, Julie Leighton firstname.lastname@example.org,
who will need to see the
medication for verification.
- Submit the original hard copy Medical History and Pre-Participation Physical Exam forms that are signed/stamped/dated by healthcare provider to the Athletics office along with the Dragonfly Completion Page before the deadline for your sport season. Without the original forms, the athlete will not be cleared to participate. We do not accept uploaded, emailed, faxed, or xeroxed copies.
- Students must come to the Athletics Office to pick up their blue Ticket to Play card during specified dates/times (see below). Tickets can only be distributed by the Athletics office and must be given to the coach on the first day of try outs.
No ticket, No try outs, No exceptions!
→ Transfer students are considered students who have attended another high school prior to becoming a student at Del Norte High School. Transfer students must meet with the Athletic Director to begin the Ticket to Play process. The student must clear Residential Eligibility before being allowed to participate at Del Norte High School. Parents of transfer students need to contact the Athletic Office (858) 487-0877 ext. 6318
2019-20 Submission Deadlines for Ticket to Play Paperwork
Click here for complete 2019-20 Ticket to Play Important Dates/Times
- June 3 - June 20, 2019 for Fall Season Sports (Dance/Cheer - contact coaches)
- October 14 - October 25, 2019 for Winter Season Sports
- January 6 - January 17, 2020 for Spring Season Sports
Failure to complete DragonFly MAX paperwork and submit the original Medical History/Physical forms may delay and/or prohibit the athlete from trying out.
Check your Cleared Status in Dragonfly
You can log in to DragonFly Max as often as you'd like to update important information, check the paperwork clearance status of your athlete, and check injury information throughout the season.
Please contact the Athletic Trainer if your child has an injury you are concerned about.
Use Dragonfly MAX Mobile App
Download the mobile app!
Athletes can use it to check in for treatment with the Athletic Trainer
Athletic Trainer (AT) will use it for injury status and messages sent to coaches/parents
Coaches can use it to send messages to the whole team, parents, or individual athletes
Parents will get notifications of injuries and messages from AT/coaches
→ Physicals are valid for 12 months and cannot expire during your sport season.
→ If the student is transferring from another school, parents should ask for the athlete's physical from that school and bring it to Del Norte Athletics department along with the Dragonfly MAX Completion page.
→ Ticket to Play paperwork through DragonFly MAX must be completed electronically each school year.
→ If you believe your student's physical was completed and submitted during the previous school year and will cover their entire sport season during this school year, contact the Athletic Trainer.
→ If you do not have access to a computer or printer at home, please contact the athletics office.
DragonFly MAX Info