Del Norte School Code: 2YESW7
Students who are interested in trying out for a sport are required to obtain a Pre-Participation Physical Exam and parents/students must complete paperwork annually, also called "Ticket to Play" paperwork.
Starting May 2019, the athletic department has transitioned to an online system called
DragonFly MAX for Ticket to Play paperwork.
How to Obtain Your Ticket to Play
A blue "Ticket to Play" card is required for participation in all DNHS Athletics.
Athletes can obtain their ticket after all paperwork is complete and approved.
Ticket to Play process is required to be done once each school year not each sport season.
- Complete all Ticket to Play forms electronically through DragonFly MAX.
- New students/incoming 9th graders: Parents should use a computer to create an account with parent email first, create a profile for their student(s), then click on the semi-circle at the bottom of the athlete's profile under "Prep for 2020-21" to complete the forms electronically.
- Returning athletes: Parents should login to Dragonfly, click on the athlete's profile, then click on the semi-circle at the bottom of the athlete's profile under "Prep for 2020-21" to complete the forms electronically.
► The only forms that you will need to print and submit to the athletic office
are the "Dragonfly
Completion Page" and Medical History/Physical Forms.
► Note: When parent/athlete portion of electronic forms are completed, the athlete's profile will
show 88%. The other 12% will be completed by the athletic department after parent/athlete complete steps 2 and 3 below.
Dragonfly has created the DragonFly Academy
to help you learn about the website features.
DNHS created a step by step instruction guide: Dragonfly Parent Instruction Guide
Click here for Athletic Forms Checklist
- Visit a medical professional for a Pre-Participation Physical Exam. This can be done with a Physician (MD/DO), Physician’s Assistant (PA-C), Nurse Practitioner (NP), or Chiropractor (DC) licensed in the state of CA. You may see your own healthcare provider or you can attend DNHS Annual Physical Night in May. All athletes will be required to obtain a physical exam for Fall 2020. We realize that it may be difficult to get an appointment with your doctor or one of the other options listed on the "Physicals" page during this time. PUSD Athletics will be looking for other possible solutions to obtaining physicals. Check back later for updates.
Take these forms with you to your exam: Pre-Participation Medical History & Physical Forms
Page one should be completed and signed by parent/athlete.
Page two is for the health care provider to complete.
Note: If your student will need to carry medication at school and during athletics, the
doctor/parent/student must complete the following forms:
♦ Authorization to Carry Medication H-26b
♦ Life Threatening Allergy Plan H-58
A copy of these forms will be shared with the DNHS Health Office
All medication must be verified by the Health Technician.
- Keep your forms in a safe place for the summer. Hard copy forms will be collected before sports try outs in the Fall. You must submit the original, hard copy Medical History and Pre-Participation Physical Exam forms that are signed/stamped/dated by healthcare provider to the athletic office along with the DragonFly Completion Page as soon as possible! This must be done before the deadline for your sport season (see time frames below). Without the original forms, the athlete will not be cleared to participate. We do not accept uploaded, emailed, faxed, xeroxed copies, etc.
If attending Physical Night in May, the Athletic Department will keep the forms at the end of the night.
- After we recieve the athlete's electronic and hard copy forms, the athletic department will manually clear the athlete in DragonFly which will show a green "READY!" circle in their profile. If you do not see this, the athlete is not cleared. Athletes must pick up their blue Ticket to Play card at the athletic office during specified dates/times (see below). Athletes are required to give their blue ticket to the coach on the first day of tryouts. If an athlete plays multiple sports, they will need to pick up their ticket before tryouts for each sport season. Tickets can only be distributed by the athletic office and are not evidence of academic eligibility.
If these steps are not completed: No ticket, No try outs, No exceptions!
→ Transfer students are considered students who have attended another high school prior to becoming a student at Del Norte High School. Transfer students must meet with the Athletic Director to begin the Ticket to Play process. The student must clear Residential Eligibility before being allowed to participate at Del Norte High School. Parents of transfer students need to contact the Athletic Office (858) 487-0877 ext. 6318
2020-21 Submission Deadlines for Ticket to Play Paperwork
Click here for complete 2020-21 Ticket to Play Important Dates/Times
- TBD deadline for Fall Season Sports (Dance/Cheer - contact coaches for try-out dates)
- October 2020 for Winter Season Sports
- January 2021 for Spring Season Sports
Failure to complete DragonFly electronic paperwork and submit the original, hard copy Medical History/Physical forms may delay and/or prohibit the athlete from trying out.
Check your Cleared Status in DragonFly
You can login to DragonFly as often as you'd like to update important information, check the
paperwork clearance status of your athlete, and check injury information throughout the season.
Contact the Athletic Trainer (AT) if your child has an injury you are concerned about.
Use the DragonFly Mobile App
Download the mobile app and allow notifications!
- Athletes can use it to check in for treatment with the AT
- AT will use it for injury status and messages sent to coaches/parents
- Coaches can use it to send messages to the whole team, parents, or individual athletes
- Parents can get notifications of injuries and messages from AT/coaches
→ Physicals are valid for 12 months and cannot expire during your sport season including playoffs.
→ If the student is transferring from another school, parents should ask for the athlete's physical from that school and bring it to Del Norte Athletics department along with the Dragonfly MAX Completion page.
→ Ticket to Play process/paperwork must be completed each school year.
→ If you do not have access to a computer or printer at home, contact the athletic office.