Del Norte School Code: 2YESW7
(Click logo to visit website)
Students who are interested in trying out for a sport are required to obtain a Pre-Participation Physical Exam and parents/students must complete paperwork annually, also called "Ticket to Play" paperwork.
Starting May 2019, the athletic department will use an online system called DragonFly MAX for electronic Ticket to Play paperwork.
Four Steps to Obtain Your Ticket to Play
A blue "Ticket to Play" card is required for participation in all DNHS Athletics.
Athletes can obtain their ticket after all paperwork is complete and approved.
Ticket to Play process is required to be done once each school year not each sport season.
Click here for Athletic Forms Checklist
- Complete all Ticket to Play forms electronically through Dragonfly MAX.
- New students/incoming 9th graders: Parents should use a computer to create an account with parent email first, create a profile for their student(s), then complete the forms electronically.
- Returning athletes: Parents should login to Dragonfly, click on the athlete's profile, then click on the semi-circle at the bottom under "Prep for 2020-21".
The only forms that you will need to print are the "Dragonfly Completion Page" and Medical History/Physical Forms. After electronic forms are completed, parents/athletes should download the DragonFly mobile app and allow notifications.
Click here for DragonFly MAX Sign-up Handout
Click here for Dragonfly MAX Parent Instruction Handout
- See a medical professional for a Pre-Participation Physical Exam. This can be done with a Physician (MD/DO), Physician’s Assistant (PA), Nurse Practitioner (NP), or Chiropractor (DC) licensed in the state of CA. You may see your own healthcare provider or you can attend DNHS Annual Physical Night in May.
Take these forms with you: Pre-Participation Medical History & Physical Forms
Page one should be completed and signed by parent/athlete.
Page two is for the health care provider to complete.
Note: If your student will need to carry medication at school and during athletics the
doctor/parent/student must complete the following forms:
♦ Authorization to Carry Medication H-26b
♦ Life Threatening Allergy Plan H-58
***A copy of these forms will be shared with DNHS Health Office.
***All medication must be verified by the health technician.
- Submit the original, hard copy Medical History and Pre-Participation Physical Exam forms that are signed/stamped/dated by healthcare provider to the athletic office along with the Dragonfly Completion Page as soon as possible! This must be done before the deadline for your sport season (see time frames below). Without the original forms, the athlete will not be cleared to participate. We do not accept uploaded, emailed, faxed, xeroxed copies, etc.
If attending Physical Night in May, the Athletic Department will keep the forms at the end of the night.
- Students must pick up their blue Ticket to Play card at the athletic office during specified dates/times (see below). If an athlete plays multiple sports, they will need to pick up their ticket before try outs for each sport season. Tickets can only be distributed by the athletic office and must be given to the coach on the first day of try outs. Tickets are not evidence of academic eligibility.
No ticket, No try outs, No exceptions!
→ Transfer students are considered students who have attended another high school prior to becoming a student at Del Norte High School. Transfer students must meet with the Athletic Director to begin the Ticket to Play process. The student must clear Residential Eligibility before being allowed to participate at Del Norte High School. Parents of transfer students need to contact the Athletic Office (858) 487-0877 ext. 6318
2019-20 Submission Deadlines for Ticket to Play Paperwork
Click here for complete 2019-20 Ticket to Play Important Dates/Times
- June 3 - June 20, 2019 for Fall Season Sports (Dance/Cheer - contact coaches for try-out dates)
- October 14 - October 25, 2019 for Winter Season Sports
- January 6 - January 17, 2020 for Spring Season Sports
Failure to complete DragonFly MAX electronic paperwork and submit the original, hard copy Medical History/Physical forms may delay and/or prohibit the athlete from trying out.
Check your Cleared Status in Dragonfly
You can log in to DragonFly Max as often as you'd like to update important information, check the paperwork clearance status of your athlete, and check injury information throughout the season.
Contact the Athletic Trainer (AT) if your child has an injury you are concerned about.
Use Dragonfly MAX Mobile App
Download the mobile app and allow notifications!
- Athletes can use it to check in for treatment with the AT
- AT will use it for injury status and messages sent to coaches/parents
- Coaches can use it to send messages to the whole team, parents, or individual athletes
- Parents can get notifications of injuries and messages from AT/coaches
→ Physicals are valid for 12 months and cannot expire during your sport season including playoffs.
→ If the student is transferring from another school, parents should ask for the athlete's physical from that school and bring it to Del Norte Athletics department along with the Dragonfly MAX Completion page.
→ Ticket to Play process/paperwork must be completed each school year.
→ If you believe your student's physical was completed and submitted during the previous school year and will cover their entire sport season during this school year, contact the athletic office.
→ If you do not have access to a computer or printer at home, contact the athletic office.
DragonFly MAX Info