We miss seeing all of you at school and hope you are doing well during this pandemic. Take care of yourself and your loved ones. Our support, patience and understanding for one another is more important now than ever before. Be kind to yourself and others, and be safe both mentally and physicaly healthy.
Del Norte Counseling
Resources for Parents & Students during the COVID-19 School Closures: please use the resources below for more information on how to navigate life during these unprecedented times:
Mental Health Support & Hotlines
- How to Cope With Anxiety About Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Anxiety and Depression Association of America - www.adaa.org for tips and strategies to manage anxiety around COVID-19
- It's Up to Us San Diego - Access and Crisis hotline 1-888-724-7240, non-crisis support call 2-1-1, or www.up2sd.org. Help is available 24 hours/day, 7 days/week in over 150 languages. Additional information at Optum San Diego.
- California statewide mental health hotline: 1-855-845-7415 via telephone or instant messaging
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI): www.namisandiego.org, NAMI SD Helpline 1-800-523-5933. You can also connect with a trained crisis counselor to receive free crisis support via text 24 hours a day by texting "HOME" to 741741.
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline - If you are currently with someone who has expressed suicidal ideation or if you are thinking of taking your own life, please reach out for help by calling the 24 hour Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK.
- CA Dept of Education Resources for students and famillies in crisis.
- Trans Family Support Services will host a virtual support group each Tuesday at 6:30pm for High School students (up to age 21) during campus closures. For more information on how to join, please contact Ms. Hinds/Del Norte Student Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or your Del Norte counselor.
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233 or TTY 1-800-787-3224, or log onto thehotline.org or text LOVEIS to 22522.
Relaxing Activities - Taking a break from distance learning? Looking for something to pass the time? Maybe feeling a little anxious from staying at home? Get a tall glass of water, a healthy snack, sit back, relax and check out some of these fun sites! (Mrs. Kihneman's favorite is the Live San Diego Zoo cam!!)
San Diego Zoo Live Cameras: https://zoo.sandiegozoo.org/live-cams
Monterey Bay Aquarium: https://www.montereybayaquarium.org/animals/live-cams
Panda Cam: https://zooatlanta.org/panda-cam/
Houston Zoo: https://www.houstonzoo.org/explore/webcams/
Georgia Aquarium: https://www.georgiaaquarium.org/webcam/beluga-whale-webcam/
San Diego Zoo: https://kids.sandiegozoo.org/
Yellowstone National Park: https://www.nps.gov/yell/learn/photosmultimedia/virtualtours.htm
Great Wall of China: https://www.thechinaguide.com/destination/great-wall-of-china
Appalachian Trail: https://www.nps.gov/appa/learn/photosmultimedia/virtualtour.htm
National Parks Virtual Tours: https://www.nps.gov/search/?affiliate=nps&query=trail%20virtual%20tours&fbclid=IwAR37uxTyHzMSXH2AkZNdmfHbrciDZ7w_C17IdHv02eZV1k0I3skr9jjJzCY
British Museum, London: https://britishmuseum.withgoogle.com/
Guggenheim Museum, NY: https://artsandculture.google.com/streetview/solomon-r-guggenheim-museum-interior-streetview/jAHfbv3JGM2KaQ?hl=en&sv_lng=-73.95902634325634&sv_lat=40.78285751667664&sv_h=30.75703204567916&sv_p=0.06928383072430222&sv_pid=MfnUmHRyOSzMtY3vtYU05g&sv_z=0.9645743015259166
National Gallery of Art, Washington DC: https://artsandculture.google.com/partner/national-gallery-of-art-washington-dc?hl=en
Musee d’Orsay, Paris: https://artsandculture.google.com/partner/musee-dorsay-paris?hl=en
National Mueum of Modern and Contemporary Art, Seoul: https://artsandculture.google.com/partner/national-museum-of-modern-and-contemporary-art-korea?hl=en
Pergamon Museum, Berlin: https://artsandculture.google.com/entity/pergamon/m05tcm?hl=en
Rijksmuseum, Amsterdam: https://artsandculture.google.com/streetview/rijksmuseum/iwH5aYGoPwSf7g?hl=en&sv_lng=4.885283712508563&sv_lat=52.35984312584405&sv_h=311.1699875145569&sv_p=-5.924133903625474&sv_pid=fOVcUXQW2wpRf33iUmxEfg&sv_z=1
Van Gogh Museum, Amsterdam: https://artsandculture.google.com/partner/van-gogh-museum?hl=en
The J. Paul Getty Museum, Los Angeles: https://artsandculture.google.com/partner/the-j-paul-getty-museum?hl=en
Uffizi Gallery, Florence: https://artsandculture.google.com/partner/uffizi-gallery?hl=en
MSAP, Sao Paulo: https://artsandculture.google.com/partner/masp?hl=en
Open Heritage Sites from Around the world: https://artsandculture.google.com/project/openheritage
Blarney Castle and Gardens: https://www.blarneycastle.ie/pages/map-and-virtual-tour
PUSD Student Support Services/Caring Connections: Closed during the COVID-19 school closures. Caring Connections provides opportunities for parents to learn about current trends with teens, in addition to classes to build parenting skills. 13626 Twin Peaks Rd. Bldg. #300 Poway, CA (858)668-4084