We hope your school year is going well and you are taking care of yourself. We encourage everyone to have patience, kindness, and understanding for one another.
Del Norte Counseling
School Counseling staff - Students can see their school counselor without an appointment during break or lunch any day of the week. We are also often available before or after school. If you have an urgent need, please ask your teacher to allow you to see your counselor.
Student Services - Located in room G118 Student Services Specialist Ms. Michelle Castro is available for individual and/or group support in a confidential setting. It is open to all Nighthawks Monday-Friday during student break and lunch.
Mending Matters - Located in room G118. Ms. Walker-Huey, mental health therapist, runs support groups open to all students. She also meets individually with students who have mental health concerns. See your school counselor for more information.
PUSD Caring Connections Counseling: The focus of service is for students in grades K-12 who may be experiencing any of the following: difficult situations at home or in school, depression, continued academic failure, involvement in violence-related offenses, alcohol or other drug related behavior. Families may be referred by school counselor, or may choose to self-refer for assistance. (858)668-4084
Brochure in English Spanish
Parent education classes
Mental Health Support & Hotlines
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline - If you are with someone who has expressed suicidal ideation or if you are thinking of taking your own life, please reach out for help. Call or text the 24 hour Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 988.
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI): www.namisandiego.org, NAMI SD Helpline 1-800-523-5933. You can also connect with a trained crisis counselor to receive free crisis support via text 24 hours a day by texting "HOME" to 741741.
- It's Up to Us San Diego - Access and Crisis hotline 1-888-724-7240, non-crisis support call 2-1-1, or www.up2sd.org. Help is available 24 hours/day, 7 days/week in over 150 languages. Additional information at Optum San Diego.
- Trans Family Support Services - fostering a supportive and inclusive hub of resources for trans individuals, familes of trans youth, and overall LGBTQ+ Community.
- Crisis intervention for LGBTQ youth call The Trevor Project 866-488-7386.
- California statewide mental health hotline: 1-855-845-7415 via telephone or instant messaging
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233 or TTY 1-800-787-3224, or log onto thehotline.org or text LOVEIS to 22522.
- San Diego County Office of Education Mental Health Support Resources
- CA Dept of Education Resources for students and famillies in crisis.
- Anxiety and Depression Association of America - www.adaa.org
Additional Support and Information
San Diego Zoo Live Cameras
Monterey Bay Aquarium
San Diego Zoo
Yellowstone National Park
Great Wall of China
National Parks Virtual Tours
British Museum, London
Guggenheim Museum, NY
National Gallery of Art, Washington DC
Musee d’Orsay, Paris
National Mueum of Modern and Contemporary Art, Seoul
Pergamon Museum, Berlin
Van Gogh Museum, Amsterdam
The J. Paul Getty Museum, Los Angeles
Uffizi Gallery, Florence
MSAP, Sao Paulo
Open Heritage Sites from Around the world
Blarney Castle and Gardens