Del Norte Counseling
DNHS CEEB School code: 054351
Career and College Resources
College Search Links
- College Navigator: Maintained by the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), College Navigator is a free consumer tool designed to help students, parents and counselors gather data about nearly 7000 colleges and universities.
- U-CAN: Another free data source, the U-CAN (University and College Accountability Network) search function includes 17 different variables covering student costs, tuition trends, admission and graduation rates, average student aid packages and more. Developed and maintained by the National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities (NAICU), U-CAN employs a consumer-friendly format that is colorful, understandable, and easy to use.
- U.S. News and World Report College Search (Common Data Set): A byproduct of the US News and World Report ranking, the website not only provides some of the statistical underpinnings used to rate and rank colleges but also makes available a valuable source of useful information. The basics are free, but for a small additional charge even more detailed data is provided.
- Unigo: With searchable reviews, videos, and photos from over 15,000 college students, Unigo offers an opportunity to learn about the several hundred colleges and universities covered by the site.
- YOUniversityTV: YOUniversityTV is rapidly becoming a favorite among counselors and colleges for the quality of the videos produced. YOUniversityTV not only provides free access to videos and educational resources on over 400 colleges, but has also established an interesting social networking component dedicated to college information-sharing.
College Results Online (CRO)
is an interactive, user-friendly Web tool designed to provide policymakers, counselors, parents, students, and others with information about college graduation rates for nearly any four-year college or university in the country.
is a free online college and career planning resource center. It offers tools to help all high school students take ownership of the college planning process by letting them find scholarship money, prepare for exams, search for colleges, and explore career interests.
High School CounselorWeek e-Newsletter
High School CounselorWeek is an e-newsletter that searches weekly stories, trends, and other information from around the country that may be of interest to you. It is published by de facto, inc., publishers of other e-newsletters. https://www.hscounselorweek.com/