PUSD Chromebook Initiative Overview
- Grades TK-2: Students in grades TK-2 will have access to Chromebooks for use during the instructional day.
TK -2 devices are intended to stay at school and will not be sent home with students.
- Grades 3-5: Chromebooks with cases will be issued to all students in grades 3-5.
As of August 2021, PUSD plans for the assigned Chromebook to remain with Elementary students until the end of 7th
grade. Secondary students will keep the assigned Chromebook until they graduate high school and/or leave PUSD.
The Chromebook agreement form was included in the 2021-22 Online Registration and Enrollment packet. Therefore, students do not need to complete another Chromebook form before receiving their device during the school day. If the Chromebook agreement was not filled out previously, the family must complete and turn in a paper copy of the form (linked here
) before a Chromebook will be issued.
For more information about Chromebook policies, how to get started, answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), troubleshooting, and more, see PUSD's Chomebook Initiative page
How to Update Your Child's Chromebook OS
If you are seeing unexpected errors with your PVES Chromebook, it may need an operating system (OS) update. We've found that an update fixes 95% of Chromebook issues and it's not difficult to do. See these steps to do the update. Be sure that the Chromebook is connected to the Internet before you start.
Other Technology Assistance for Parents
See this PUSD page if you need help with school technology or passwords.
How to Clean Your School Device
It's important to keep your Chromebook clean. Please review these instructions to learn the right way to do it.
Chromebook Care Reminders:
- Charge your device every night
- Keep food and drinks away
- Please, no stickers on the device. It belongs to PUSD.
- Use masking tape or slip a note under the case if you want to personalize the device and charger.
- Walk, and use both hands to carry your Chromebook
- Be careful and slow when plugging or unplugging headphones
- Shut down your Chromebook one time per week to allow for important updates
- Be a good digital citizen