Welcome to Morning Creek!
Dear Morning Creek Community,
Welcome back to another great year ahead! We had such a productive 21-22 school year, and I can't wait to see what's in store for this coming year! Some of my favorite highlights from last year included:
- Class Community Circles & 5th grade team building- focusing on social-emotional development
- Student leadership roles
- Student Culture Spotlights in Morning Message (student-led)
- Ability Awareness spotlights in Morning Message (student-led)
- The estabilishment of our new STEAM lab (thanks to our Foundation and your generous donations to make that possible!)
- Family Multicultural Night (sponsored by our PTA)
- "No Place for Hate"
- Schoolwide book study: “Just Ask”
- Equity Team trainings
- PBIS team training
And so many more accomplishments!
I am proud of our team of teachers & support staff for taking risks to try new things to meet students' needs, especially after the challenges from the pandemic. They go above and beyond for our students and for each other every day. We truly have a talented, dedicated, passionate team at Morning Creek.
I am passionate about ensuring the highest-quality education for all our students. I believe school should be a safe, fun place to learn collaboratively, with the hopes of instilling a lifelong love of learning. I believe all students are capable of learnings and it's our job as educators to meet them where they're at to support their unique learning needs at their levels.
Here at Morning Creek, our goal is to provide the best educational experience for your child. I invite all parents, guardians and family members to partner with us to make that possible. There are many ways to be involved through our PTA and Foundation, and I welcome any input or feedback you can offer (compliments, comments, concerns, etc). Please feel free to contact me directly via my email, phone or this feedback link
I look forward to an outstanding year together!
Dr. Sheryl Fleming