Adobe Bluffs Manadarin Immersion Program
Community Information Meeting for Immersion Enrollment for the 2023-2024 School Year
This year there will be two options. You only have to attend one of these meetings.
In person Meeting January 26, 2023 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM (including school tour)
Zoom meeting February 2, 2023 6:00-7:00 PM
Zoom meeting on February 2, 2023 from 6-7 PM https://powayusd.zoom.us/j/99270458594?pwd=bzM4RHlWQzlsSFFmUEkvdFNEaVdTUT09 Meeting ID: 992 7045 8594 Passcode: Mandarin
The 3 main goals of our program:
The goal of our Immersion Program is to have both heritage and native Mandarin speaking students with native English speaking students in one classroom learning collaboratively with the teachers. Our teachers are highly qualified and state certified to teach in two languages. They use the same curriculum, standards, and assessments as other teachers in the Poway Unified School District. Our focus of instruction is not on the learning of two languages, but rather on the learning of academic content by using two languages. You can explore our website further to learn more about the design of our program, the solid research behind it, and its benefits to students.
- Students will achieve bilingual proficiency in both English and Mandarin
- Students will reach high levels of academic achievement in both languages
- Students will become cross-cultural ambassadors for our school, community, and society.
Our 50/50 Dual Language program creates academically competent, bilingual, and biliterate students through research-based practice and differentiated instruction. We will achieve our program goals while enriching all second language learners in a cross cultural environment.
- Students achieve proficiency in both English and Mandarin
- Students achieve academically at or above grade level in both languages
- Students develop cross-cultural understanding and respect, as well as experience working and playing in a multi-cultural setting
- Parents are encouraged to take an active role in their child’s long-term education
- Biliteracy gives students greater career opportunities
- Learning a second language helps develop strong thinking and reasoning skills useful for problem-solving in math and science
- Students develop a high level of self-esteem and confidence
- Biliteracy helps prepare students to meet the challenges of a global society
Questions? Comments? Contact Adobe Bluffs Elementary School