Poway Unified School District offers FREE
State-funded and Head Start preschool classes in 2018-2019
for children in low-income households. There are two options:
- State-funded and Head Start combination: Six-hour classes at Valley, Pomerado, Sundance and Los Penasquitos elementary schools (household must meet Head Start low-income criteria).
- State-funded only: Three-hour classes at Del Norte High School and Rolling Hills elementary school (household must meet state-funded low-income criteria).
One free meal is included for all students in the 3 hour classes and 2 meals for the 6 hour classes.
Parents are highly encouraged to volunteer in class 2 days per month.
To use fillable forms, download and save to your computer before entering information.
Para usar formularios rellenables, descárguelos y guárdelos en su computadora antes de ingresar información.
Call or email main office for registration appointment:
- Lynnette Turner - firstname.lastname@example.org
Documents Required at Registration:
- For six-hour classes: one year’s proof of income for each adult in household (W2, etc.).
- For three-hour classes: Recent pay stubs from past two months
- Copy of certified birth certificate for all children in family.
- Copy of child’s immunization record. Immunizations must be complete to register for preschool.
- 2 proofs of residency (any bill with your name & address, lease, etc.).
Who can enroll:
- Children who will be 4 years, by 1st September have first priority.
- Children who will be 3 years, by September 1st. may apply however class size is limited.
- If a class is full, children will be placed on a wait list.