Marissa Kiesling, firstname.lastname@example.org
8944 Twin Trails Drive, San Diego, CA 92129
(858) 484-2978; Fax: (858) 484-3878
Mark Your Calendars for 2016...
September 5 - Labor Day, School and ESS Closed
September 30 - Professional Growth Day, School and ESS Closed
- "E.S.S. is a bridge between school and home where children are encouraged to learn, create, and explore within their school, community, and world."
- This extended-day program expands the excellence of each child's school experience into before and after school. E.S.S. is staffed by highly qualified professionals and trained program assistants. The staff provides for the academic and social needs of children in safe and nurturing environments. There is time, space, encouragement, and support for learning good study habits.
Voluntary Use Program - ESS is a voluntary use program. All PUSD elementary schools have an Extended Student Services program on their campus. Our organization works diligently to accommodate and serve working families in need of before and after school care. A student's enrollment at an elementary school does not guarantee them ESS enrollment. As a growing organization, each ESS site may experience limitations that factor into the enrollment capacity and may prohibit the acceptance of additional students at any given time.
- The E.S.S. program began in 1980 and is now offered in every elementary school in the Poway Unified School District. All children who attend elementary school in the District are eligible to enroll.
- Our program is geared toward expanding each child's world through arts & crafts projects, science activities, reading and language arts reinforcement, and math concept development. Our program reinforces the social, motor, and academic skills children learn in the classroom.
- E.S.S. is open daily, Monday - Friday, from 6:30 am to 6:00 pm.
E.S.S. Embraces ENRICH, an acronym to include the following areas of enrichment, to use as a Guide for Staff Planning:
E xercise mind & body
R eading & Relationships
I nvestigating Interests
C haracter Counts!, Creative Thinking, & the Arts
H aving Fun!
We believe that the children's extended day will be enriched by providing a balanced activity calendar that will support their growth and development. We want to encourage the children to explore their interests, motivate them to achieve their personal best, and relax and have fun with friends.