Ted Mendenhall II, email@example.com
Ana Bedard, firstname.lastname@example.org
12321 Ninth Street, Poway, CA 92064-3597
(858) 679-8946; Fax: (858) 679-2776
Helpful Information About ESS
Our office hours are 6:30-8:30 am and 11:30-6:00 pm.
Our temporary office hours are 9:30-6:00 pm until further notice.
ESS is open during most Professional Growth Days as well as February and Spring Break.
LATE PICK UPS
- The updated late fees are as follows;
0-10 minutes late: $1.00 per minute/per child
11-30 minutes late: $30.00 per child
31-60 minutes late: $60.00 per child
Please see the Parent Handbook for more information regarding late fees.
- Any child who attends a Poway Unified School District elementary school is eligible for enrollment. This program is open to kindergarten through fifth grade students. Children who will attend kindergarten in the fall are eligible to enroll and attend ESS the summer before they start kindergarten.
- A completed registration packet and fees must be received 2 days prior to entry into the ESS program. There is an annual $100.00 registration fee per family.
- Please click on link to the left for monthly breakdown.
**There is a $100.00 registration fee per family per year and a $50.00 reentry fee after dropping from the program for any length of time.
Summer Program Fees
: include all field trip admission fees, guest speakers, summer t-shirt, and an afternoon snack.
Fees are due on the first day of each month. A fee will be assessed if payment is not received after the 15th of the month. The ESS program is self supporting and financially independent of the Poway Unified School District.
MINIMUM DAY / TIME BANKING
(Wednesday's only attendance) - The daily rate for our Alternative Contract is 18.00/day.
The $100.00 registration fee along with the first semester's tuition is due upfront. ALT Contracts are billed by semester.
DISTRICT RECESS/BREAK RATE
-Check the fee schedule for rates. Registration for all breaks and recesses is for the entire recess or break duration. (No single days)
SIGNING IN & OUT
- Students must be signed in and out of ESS daily. Only an authorized person with a picture I.D. can sign a child out of ESS Your child is expected at ESS each day. Please notify us whenever your child WILL NOT attend ESS.
VACATION & ABSENCES
- Monthly fees can be prorated only when a two-week notice has been given on a "Fee Adjustment Request" form. Credit is given in five-day increments only and each child is allowed two weeks per school year, excluding President's Week and Spring Break (these are optional attendance time frames). If you choose to extend the two-week allotment, a withdrawal from the program is required. There are no refunds for absences due to illness or partial attendance.
ILLNESS & MEDICATION
- If your child is not feeling well, please do not send him/her to ESS Students who have been ill must be well, and fever free, for 24 hours before returning to ESS or school. If your child becomes ill or suspected to be contagious, you will be notified to pick him/her up promptly. It is very important that you keep us updated on changes in work, home, cell, and emergency phone numbers.
ESS will administer medication (prescription or non-prescription) to students only if a PUSD Authorization for Medical Administration form has been completed by a physician and parent. All medication must be in the original container. Sunscreen, chapstick and non-medicated cough drops need only the parent's portion of the form filled in and signed.