Payment Mailing Address:
P.O. Box 500527
San Diego, CA 92150
CLICK the link below to be added to the 2023/24 school year interest list. Please note- Garden Road is an early start school and begins at 7:45 am and Garden Road ESS is only an after school program during the school year.
(Enrollment is limited and subject to availability)
ESS FEE Schedule is located in the side menu
1. Call or email Mary at (858) 486-1176 or firstname.lastname@example.org to verify that we are currently accepting registration for your child's grade level and/or to set up an appointment to drop off an enrollment packet.
2. Print and fill out the enrollment packet below (also available on the district website)
3. Bring the completed packet to your appointment with Mary at the ESS Office to submit with a $150 registration fee per family and first month's fees.
We must receive the packet at least 2 business days before your child can attend.
New Student and TK/Kindergarten Registration for the 2023/24 school year begins April 1, 2023, students must be enrolled at Garden Road School to be eligible to enroll in GR ESS. After registrations are done online, the school office will begin processing registrations and then notify ESS of enrolled students. . You can go on the "interest list" (link above) at any time. This generates an email with the day/time you requested ESS in the event we have to move to a wait list.
Please send an email to email@example.com if you have any questions.
• Please label your child’s belongings, especially jackets & sweaters.
• Remind your child to clean out his/her cubbie daily.
• Please inform us of any enrichment or scouting activities that your child will attend during ESS hours.
• Please let us know when your child is not attending.
Mission Statement - "E.S.S. is a bridge between school and home where children are encouraged to learn, create, and explore within their school, community, and world."
Program Overview - This extended-day program expands the excellence of each child's school experience into before and after school. E.S.S. is staffed by highly qualified professionals and trained program assistants. The staff provides for the academic and social needs of children in safe and nurturing environments. There is time, space, encouragement, and support for learning good study habits.
Voluntary Use Program - ESS is a voluntary use program. All PUSD elementary schools have an Extended Student Services program on their campus. Our organization works diligently to accommodate and serve working families in need of before and after school care. A student's enrollment at an elementary school does not guarantee them ESS enrollment. As a growing organization, each ESS site may experience limitations that factor into the enrollment capacity and may prohibit the acceptance of additional students at any given time.
Program History - The E.S.S. program began in 1980 and is now offered in every elementary school in the Poway Unified School District.
Program Activities - Our program is geared toward expanding each child's world through arts & crafts projects, science activities, reading and language arts reinforcement, and math concept development. Our program reinforces the social, motor, and academic skills children learn in the classroom.