Payment Mailing Address:
P.O. Box 500527
San Diego, CA 92150
Important Dates & School News
Enrollment for the 2017-2018 school year is now closed. Please contact ESS Staff to be placed on our waiting list.
- 2018-2019 registration for families new to ESS begins
- Kindergarten registration for 2018-2019 starts
*must be registered for Garden Road Elementary School prior to registering for ESS
- GRES Kindergarten orientation, 8:15-9:45
*all parents of incoming kindergarteners invited, including parents of current TKs
- Last day of school, school dismissal at 12:40, ESS open
- New family registration ends
6/15-6/19 (Fri-Tues): - ESS CLOSED to prepare for summer
- First day of summer ESS, session 1
HOW TO ENROLL
(Enrollment is subject to availability)
1. Call or email Mary at (858) 486-1176 or email@example.com to set up an appointment to drop off the enrollment packet and to verify that we are currently accepting registration for your child's grade level.
2. Print and fill out the enrollment packet below (available on the district website)
3. Bring the completed packet to your appointment with Mary or Niki at the ESS Office to submit with a $100 registration fee per family and first month's fees.
We must receive the packet at least 2 business days before your child can attend. Our office hours are Monday-Friday, 6:30-9:30am and 12:00-6:00pm.
Please call or email us with any questions. Thank you!
• Please label your child’s belongings, especially jackets & sweaters.
• Remind your child to clean out his/her cubbie daily.
• Please inform us of any enrichment or scouting activities that your child will attend during ESS hours.
• Please let us know when your child is not attending.
Mission Statement - "E.S.S. is a bridge between school and home where children are encouraged to learn, create, and explore within their school, community, and world."
Program Overview - This extended-day program expands the excellence of each child's school experience into before and after school. E.S.S. is staffed by highly qualified professionals and trained program assistants. The staff provides for the academic and social needs of children in safe and nurturing environments. There is time, space, encouragement, and support for learning good study habits.
Voluntary Use Program - ESS is a voluntary use program. All PUSD elementary schools have an Extended Student Services program on their campus. Our organization works diligently to accommodate and serve working families in need of before and after school care. A student's enrollment at an elementary school does not guarantee them ESS enrollment. As a growing organization, each ESS site may experience limitations that factor into the enrollment capacity and may prohibit the acceptance of additional students at any given time.
Program History - The E.S.S. program began in 1980 and is now offered in every elementary school in the Poway Unified School District. All children who attend elementary school in the District are eligible to enroll.
Program Activities - Our program is geared toward expanding each child's world through arts & crafts projects, science activities, reading and language arts reinforcement, and math concept development. Our program reinforces the social, motor, and academic skills children learn in the classroom.
Hours - E.S.S. is open daily, Monday - Friday, from 6:30 am to 6:00 pm.
E.S.S. Embraces ENRICH, an acronym to include the following areas of enrichment, to use as a Guide for Staff Planning:
E xercise mind & body
R eading & Relationships
I nvestigating Interests
C haracter Counts!, Creative Thinking, & the Arts
H aving Fun!
We believe that the children's extended day will be enriched by providing a balanced activity calendar that will support their growth and development. We want to encourage the children to explore their interests, motivate them to achieve their personal best, and relax and have fun with friends.