Payment Mailing Address:
P.O. Box 500527
San Diego, CA 92150
PLEASE Click on the link below to be on an Interest list.
(Enrollment is limited and subject to availability)
1. Call or email Mary at (858) 486-1176 or firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment to drop off the enrollment packet and to verify that we are currently accepting registration for your child's grade level.
2. Print and fill out the enrollment packet below (also available on the district website)
3. Bring the completed packet to your appointment with Mary at the ESS Office to submit with a $125 registration fee per family and first month's fees.
We must receive the packet at least 2 business days before your child can attend.
TK/Kindergarten Registration for the 2021-22 school year begins 5-5-21, students must be enrolled at Garden Road School to be eligible to enroll in GR ESS. After registrations are done online, the school office will begin processing registrations the week of May 10th and then notify ESS of enrolled students. ESS will begin taking ESS Registration forms the week of May 17th. You can go on the "interest list" (link above) at any time. This generates an email with a day/time you requested ESS in the event we have to move to a wait list.
Please send an email to email@example.com if you have any questions.
• Please label your child’s belongings, especially jackets & sweaters.
• Remind your child to clean out his/her cubbie daily.
• Please inform us of any enrichment or scouting activities that your child will attend during ESS hours.
• Please let us know when your child is not attending.
Mission Statement - "E.S.S. is a bridge between school and home where children are encouraged to learn, create, and explore within their school, community, and world."
Program Overview - This extended-day program expands the excellence of each child's school experience into before and after school. E.S.S. is staffed by highly qualified professionals and trained program assistants. The staff provides for the academic and social needs of children in safe and nurturing environments. There is time, space, encouragement, and support for learning good study habits.
Voluntary Use Program - ESS is a voluntary use program. All PUSD elementary schools have an Extended Student Services program on their campus. Our organization works diligently to accommodate and serve working families in need of before and after school care. A student's enrollment at an elementary school does not guarantee them ESS enrollment. As a growing organization, each ESS site may experience limitations that factor into the enrollment capacity and may prohibit the acceptance of additional students at any given time.
Program History - The E.S.S. program began in 1980 and is now offered in every elementary school in the Poway Unified School District.
Program Activities - Our program is geared toward expanding each child's world through arts & crafts projects, science activities, reading and language arts reinforcement, and math concept development. Our program reinforces the social, motor, and academic skills children learn in the classroom.
E.S.S. Embraces ENRICH, an acronym to include the following areas of enrichment, to use as a Guide for Staff Planning:
E xercise mind & body
R eading & Relationships
I nvestigating Interests
C haracter Counts!, Creative Thinking, & the Arts
H aving Fun!
We believe that the children's extended day will be enriched by providing a balanced activity calendar that will support their growth and development. We want to encourage the children to explore their interests, motivate them to achieve their personal best, and relax and have fun with friends.