Payment Mailing Address:
P.O. Box 500527
San Diego, CA 92150
Important Dates & School News
Enrollment for the 2017-2018 school year is now closed. Please contact ESS Staff to be placed on our waiting list.
2/19-2/23 (M-F) - February Recess, School closed, ESS closed M&F
2/20-2/22 (T-Th) - ESS open 6:30-6:00, advance sign up required
Monday, 3/19 - Minimum day, school dismissal at 11:45, ESS open
4/9-4/13 (M-Th) - Spring Break, School closed, ESS closed Friday
4/9-4/12 (M-Th) - ESS open 6:30-6:00, advance sign up required
Friday, 4/20 - Garden Road Country Fair
HOW TO ENROLL
(Enrollment is subject to availability)
1. Call or email Mary at (858) 486-1176 or email@example.com to set up an appointment to drop off the enrollment packet and to verify that we are currently accepting registration for your child's grade level.
2. Print and fill out the enrollment packet below (available on the district website)
3. Bring the completed packet to your appointment with Mary or Niki at the ESS Office to submit with a $100 registration fee per family and first month's fees.
We must receive the packet at least 2 business days before your child can attend. Our office hours are Monday-Friday, 6:30-9:30am and 12:00-6:00pm.
Please call or email us with any questions. Thank you!
• Please label your child’s belongings, especially jackets & sweaters.
• Remind your child to clean out his/her cubbie daily.
• Please inform us of any enrichment or scouting activities that your child will attend during ESS hours.
• Please let us know when your child is not attending.
Mission Statement - "E.S.S. is a bridge between school and home where children are encouraged to learn, create, and explore within their school, community, and world."
Program Overview - This extended-day program expands the excellence of each child's school experience into before and after school. E.S.S. is staffed by highly qualified professionals and trained program assistants. The staff provides for the academic and social needs of children in safe and nurturing environments. There is time, space, encouragement, and support for learning good study habits.
Program History - The E.S.S. program began in 1980 and is now offered in every elementary school in the Poway Unified School District. All children who attend elementary school in the District are eligible to enroll.
Program Activities - Our program is geared toward expanding each child's world through arts & crafts projects, science activities, reading and language arts reinforcement, and math concept development. Our program reinforces the social, motor, and academic skills children learn in the classroom.
Hours - E.S.S. is open daily, Monday - Friday, from 6:30 am to 6:00 pm.
E.S.S. Embraces ENRICH, an acronym to include the following areas of enrichment, to use as a Guide for Staff Planning:
E xercise mind & body
R eading & Relationships
I nvestigating Interests
C haracter Counts!, Creative Thinking, & the Arts
H aving Fun!
We believe that the children's extended day will be enriched by providing a balanced activity calendar that will support their growth and development. We want to encourage the children to explore their interests, motivate them to achieve their personal best, and relax and have fun with friends.