Elementary Student Enrollment - Summer 2019
Elementary school offices are closed June 21st through August 8th. From July 1st through July 26th enrollment for new students in Transitional Kindergarten (TK) through 5th Grade will take place at the District Office, located at 15250 Avenue of Science, San Diego, CA 92128.
To schedule an appointment, please click the calendar below:
Thank you and welcome to Poway Unified!
- In some cases where the sites have temporarily reached capacity, your student may receive a provisional enrollment at your school of residence. Once summer enrollment has ended, you will be notified of your student’s final school placement.
- D39C: Families interested in enrolling students in Design39Campus, please do not make an appointment through this website as it will delay your process with the Design39Campus. Please visit the Design39Campus Enrollment page for information.
- Valley Elementary: Families enrolling in Valley Elementary may call 858-748-2007 to schedule an appointment on July 23th. Walk-in enrollment begins at the Valley office on July 24th.
- Grades 6-12: Please visit your school website to find enrollment appointment information.
Welcome to New Student Enrollment
You will need the latest free version of Adobe Acrobat to download these forms. Click here [Adobe Reader]
We are happy to welcome you to our school district!
This website provides all the necessary forms required to complete your new student enrollment for the 2019-20 school year. Please follow the step-by-step instructions and proceed as directed. If you need to identify and locate the school your child is to attend, please go to the Address Lookup.
New student enrollment for Grades TK-12 takes place at the school sites from August through June. Grades TK - 5 enrollment at school sites begins the week of April 29th. Please see TK-5 Enrollment Site Dates
Starting July 1st, 2019 through July 26th, 2019 Summer Enrollment:
- Elementary (TK-5) enrollment takes place at the District Office. Please see the Elementary Summer Enrollment Calendar (below) to schedule your appointment. Please download the proper forms (see below) and complete before your visit.
- Secondary (6-12) please visit the PUSD School Websites drop down menu (above) to see the dates and times each school office is open for new student enrollment.
Enrollment for all grade levels (TK-12) continues at the school sites after the first week in August. Please visit individual school websites to confirm office hours.
PLEASE NOTE: Your student’s enrollment ensures a seat at a school in Poway Unified. We make every effort to enroll your child at your neighborhood school. In some cases, classes at your neighborhood school may reach capacity, in which case we will work with you to place your child at a nearby school.
STEP 1: RESIDENCY VERIFICATION AND PROOF OF RESIDENCY
Identify and locate the school your student is assigned to based on residential addresses located within PUSD Boundaries. The Address Lookup System provides the names, addresses, phone numbers, and website links of the designated schools for residential addresses located within PUSD boundaries. Address Lookup
| Boundaries and Maps
Complete the Residency Verification form (Part of the New Student Enrollment Forms Packet)
and attach two Original Documents
as Proofs of Residency:
Two Original Documents as Proofs of Residency (TK-12)
Click here for a listing of appropriate documents for address verification
The Residency Verification form is available in the New Student Enrollment Packet.
STEP 2: OBTAIN ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS
Please be sure to bring the following ORIGINAL documents with you upon enrollment
- Original Birth Certificate, Current Passport or Baptismal Certificate (TK-12). As required by State law, all children entering Kindergarten must be five years of age on or before September 1, 2019. If your child's 5th birthday is between September 2, 2019 and December 2, 2019, they will be enrolled in Transitional Kindergarten.
- Immunization Records
Immunization Records Click for current immunization information (TK-12). All children are required to have their vaccinations fully completed before enrolling in school, unless exempt, as provided by law. *PLEASE NOTE: Students entering Grade 7 will need proof of a Tdap booster shot unless exempt, as provided by law.
- Transcript from previous school (6-12)
STEP 3: FILL OUT, PRINT ENROLLMENT DOCUMENTS
It is important that you read, fill out, print, and return each of the required
forms in the table listed below. When you sign the Signature Verification Form
within the 2019-2020 Enrollment Documents Binder
packet you are acknowledging you have read all required forms.
, and READ ONLY
FORMS are available here. Expand the panels to see the appropriate forms.
2019-20 Enrollment Forms
TIP For Families With Multiple Students:
Save this document, reopen it and go back to the first form and replace the student's personal information.
Tab between fields when entering data
The forms below are grade specific and are not required for all Grades TK-12. Please fill out only for students in the grade levels identified.
The health forms below are grade level specific and for your convenience.
- Important! K/1st Report of Physical Exam (CHDP) (1st Grade Requirement, but may submit for KDG as long as physical date is no more than 18 months prior to entering 1st Grade.) First year Transitional Kindergarten (TK) students submit in the kindergarten year.
- Important! K Oral Health Assessment (K) (By May 31st of Kindergarten or 1st Grade, whichever is the first year of public school)
MISC. OPTIONAL FORMS
Right to Refrain From Harmful or Destructive Use of Animals
OPTIONAL 72 hour Notification for Application of Pesticides / herbicides
OPTIONAL PUSD Media Opt-Out Form
Megan's Law Forms: Required for volunteers working with students. If you have previously submitted Megan's Law forms for PUSD clearance, it is not necessary to complete these forms again.
Each year you volunteer you will need to resubmit the Volunteer Code of Conduct.
If you need to add, change, or delete schools, please complete the transfer form listed below
Food and Nutrition Links:
To Apply for Free or Reduced-Price meals for the 2019-2020 school year; please check back after July 1, 2019.
Authorization for ON-LINE IMMUNIZATION RECORDS
STEP 4: SEE DESIGNATED TIMES OR MAKE APPOINTMENT WITH SCHOOL ADMINISTATION
Transitional Kindergarten through fifth grade enrollment takes place at the school sites during May and June.
SEE KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION DATES for designated times to visit your Child(ren's) School. Check the Kindergarten for more information.
School Site specific forms (if applicable) can be found on the at each of the school sites. Check your child(ren)'s school for School Specific enrollment or registration forms. Not all schools have Site Specific forms. PLEASE NOTE: Design39Campus enrollment is by Lottery only. Please see their website.
STEP 5: BRING ALL ENROLLMENT DOCUMENTS AND ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS WITH YOU WHEN YOU ENROLL AT YOUR SCHOOL SITE
Return all necessary forms to your student's school during assigned enrollment times. Please know the enrollment process is not complete until you provide the school with all required forms (see Required Forms panel) and the original documents listed in Steps 1 & 2.
If your child is in a Special Day Class, please contact the Special Education Department for placement at 858-521-2800 x2216. See Special Education