The Purchasing Department is responsible for the centralized procurement of all equipment, materials, and supplies to be furnished, sold, or leased to the school district, and for the competitive contracting of services, including for public works or construction projects. The Department vision is to create customer satisfaction by providing value and proficiency to each purchase request, while ensuring procurement is performed according to applicable laws and District policies. In conjunction with processing orders, the Department generates bids and requests for quotes and coordinates cooperative purchasing through county, state, city, and consortium bids to affect cost savings.
NOTICE TO CONTRACTORS
TO BE INCLUDED ON THE DISTRICT’S LIST OF QUALIFIED CONTRACTORS
PER SECTION 22034 OF THE PUBLIC CONTRACT CODE
FOR DISTRICT PROJECTS ESTIMATED TO COST UP TO $200,000
The Poway Unified School District has elected to become subject to the California Uniform Public Construction Cost Accounting Act (CUPCCAA). The District invites all licensed contractors to submit information to apply for inclusion on the District’s list of registered contractors to be eligible for award of District projects estimated to cost up to $200,000.
Effective January 1, 2019, per California Public Contract Code 22032, any Public Works Project that is estimated to be $200,000 or less is subject to the Informal Bidding Procedures set forth by the State of California Uniform Construction Cost Accounting Commission. All trade categories are subject to Informal Bidding Procedures.
Contractors that are interested in being on the 2023 Informal Bidding Contractors List are required to have a current license and are subject to verification through the Contractors State License Board.
Contractors Interested in being listed as an eligible contractor on the PUSD informal bid list must:
- Have a current license and subject to verification through the CA Contractor's State License Board.
- Comply with SB 854 - Information can be found at the following website: https://www.dir.ca.gov/Public-Works/Contractors.html.
- Submit Proof of insurance with the endorsement stating under project description "all operations resulting from informal and formally quoted projects".
- Submit a completed Contractor Registration Form to Purchasing@PowayUSD.com prior to any submission of a bid or proposal. The link for the CUPCCAA Registration Form is located below:
NOTICE TO CONTRACTORS
TO BE INCLUDED ON THE DISTRICT’S LIST OF PREQUALIFIED CONTRACTORS
FOR DISTRICT BOND CONSTRUCTION CONTRACT ESTIMATED TO EXCEED $1,000,000
To submit an application to be a District Prequalified Contractor
(to be eligible for award of contracts estimated to exceed $1,000,000), please click on the following link: www.pqbids.com
As of January 1, 2014, to comply with California Assembly Bill AB 1565, Poway Unified School District requires General Contractors and certain subcontractors to be prequalified on all bond-funded Construction Contracts.
The following license classifications must prequalify:
- A (General Engineering Contractor)
- B (General Building Contractor)
- C-4 (Boiler, Hot Water, and Steam Fitting)
- C-7 (Low-Voltage Systems)
- C-10 (Electrical)
- C-16 (Fire Protection)
- C-20 (HVAC)
- C-34 (Pipeline)
- C-36 (Plumbing)
- C-38 (Refrigeration)
- C-42 (Sanitation System)
- C-43 (Sheet Metal)
- C-46 (Solar Contractor)
Poway Unified School District
uses PQBids (www.pqbids.com
) to manage AB 1565 contractor registration and approvals. PQBids is an easy to use web-based application that streamlines these processes. Please follow the simple instructions below:
- Click the link above for the registration type(s) you are interested in applying for.
- Enter the required information.
- Submit your application.
- You will be contacted you if more information is necessary to complete the process.
- You will be notified of your approval via email.
Thank you for your interested in working with the District.
To see a list of the District's Prequalified Contractors (eligible for award of bond-funded contracts over $1,000,000 - AB 1565), please click here https://go.pqbids.com/agency/approved_contractor_list/1127
Please be sure to click on the Show AB1565 button at the top of the screen to see this list.
Other Purchasing Related Web Resources: