Student Attendance and Discipline

 FAQs About Enrollment and Transfers

15250 Avenue of Science, San Diego, CA 92128
(858) 521-2840


Question What information do I need to enroll my kindergartner?
  1. His/her original birth certificate or passport (link to San Diego County Recorder Office:
  2. His/her immunization record. Your student will need all the immunizations required for attending school prior to registration.
  3. Parent/Legal Guardian’s Identification (Driver’s License/Passport)
  4. Two proofs of residency
    • Deed to a home
    • Escrow papers for a home
    • Tax receipt (property taxes or personal taxes)
    • Receipt for deposit with the local utility company and/or receipt for bills paid to the local utility company, i.e., propane, SDG&E
    • Rental agreement with property owner or agent’s signature (notarized or verified under penalty of perjury)
    • Other government or business document which reliably establishes current residence, as determined by the District.
  5.   Oral Health Assessment/Waiver Request Form (to be completed by a dental professional)

Click here to visit  the Kindergarten Enrollment Information page. All district enrollment forms are available after May 1 and can be accessed from the Enrollment page.

Question What day does kindergarten enrollment begin?

Enrollment begins the second week in May. Visit the Kindergarten Enrollment Information page for exact dates and times specific to your child's school (updated in April). Click here to visit the Kindergarten Enrollment Information page. All enrollment forms are available after May 1. Visit the Enrollment page for enrollment information and forms.

Question How do I find out about the Preschool Programs offered by PUSD?
Answer Poway Unified School District offers preschool at several school sites. To find more information about preschool programs, please visit our Preschool webpage.
Question How do I find out which school is my school of residence or “home school”?
Answer Please visit our home page or click here to be redirected to an interactive school site locator.
Question We have recently moved. What do I need to do?
  • Notify your student’s school office staff of the change in address and bring in two new proofs of residency.
  • The school staff will give you instructions on how to proceed if you would like your student to remain at his/her current school. 
  • If you want your student to attend his/her new school of residence, please go to the new school's website for enrollment information. 
Question How do I know in which grade to enroll my student?
Answer Click here for the 2022-2023 Grade Level Placement Chart.

The Poway Unified School District (PUSD) is an equal opportunity employer/program and is committed to an active Nondiscrimination Program. PUSD prohibits discrimination, harassment, intimidation, and bullying based on actual or perceived race, color, ancestry, national origin, nationality, immigration status, ethnicity, ethnic group identification, age, religion, marital or parental status, physical or mental ability, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or gender expression or association with a person or a group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics. For more information, please contact: Title IX/Equity Compliance Officer, James Jimenez, Associate Superintendent of Personnel Support Services, Poway Unified School District, 15250 Avenue of Science, San Diego, CA 92128, 1-858-521-2800, extension 2121, For students, you may contact Title IX Coordinator Jamie Dayhoff, Director of Attendance and Discipline, Poway Unified School District, 1-858-521-2840,

 View Annual Notification of Parents’/Students’ Rights English  | Spanish | Professional Standards  | Annual Notification of Employees’ Rights

POWAY UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT | 15250 Avenue of Science, San Diego, CA 92128 | (858) 521-2800