The Poway Home Education Program is designed to assist parents who wish to home school their children who are in Transitional Kindergarten through fifth Grade.
The Home Education Program provides each parent with the appropriate curriculum and materials necessary to aid in the instructional process. The parent and student are required to meet with an assigned PUSD teacher to review assigned work once a week.
New this year to Poway Home Education:
- Daily group instruction is available to all students TK-3.
- Grades 4-5 will have daily opportunities for social and instructional interactions with their peers that are supervised by a Poway Unified School District employee.
The Poway Home Education Program offers:
Curriculum (State Adopted/PUSD)
Guidance from credentialed teachers
- Student Library
- Parent network for field studies/events
- Connection with school site for designated services (i.e., 5th Grade Band)
- Computer Lab
- Progress Reports
- Daily instruction opportunities for TK-3
- Daily interaction for grades 4-5
- Scheduled math, science, and reading labs
Participation in the Home Education Program requires:
Direct instruction by the parent and daily group instruction by a credentialed teacher for TK-3
Weekly contact with PUSD staff
- Parent/Student/Instructor conferences
- The use of PHEP/PUSD curriculum as core curriculum
- Submission of completed student work
- Minimum 5 days weekly instruction time (25 hours)
If you are interested in choosing Poway Home Education, please fill out the Google doc in the link below:
*Students in Grades 6-12 should consider New Directions Independent Study as a learning option. For more information, please contact: Carrie Bennett, firstname.lastname@example.org, 1- 858-679-2530 x 2420