As we approach Election Day, November 3, 2020, voters have an important decision to make, that will directly impact the future of the Poway Unified School District.
In 2018, PUSD's Board of Education converted from an at-large election system (where board members are selected by voters from across PUSD) to a by-district system (where board members are selected by voters only in the area they represent).
We now have five voting districts, and two of those seats (District A and District E) will be up for election this November 2020:
- District A covers parts of 4S Ranch, Del Sur, Torrey Highlands, and Rancho Penasquitos: currently represented by Dr. Darshana Patel
- District B covers north Poway and northeast Rancho Bernardo: currently represented by Ginger Couvrette
- District C covers most of Rancho Bernardo, parts of 4S Ranch, Ranchos Penasquitos, and Carmel Mountain Ranch: currently represented by T.J. Zane
- District D covers parts of Ranchos Penasquitos, Carmel Mountain Ranch, and Sabre Springs: currently represented by Michelle O'Connor-Ratcliff
- District E covers parts of Poway and Sabre Springs: currently represented by Kimberley Beatty
If you live within PUSD boundaries, please take a moment to look up your address on the interactive map to find out which district you live and can vote in.
And remember to vote on November 3, 2020! Go here to register to vote.