New Student Enrollment
Enrollment is for those students who are new to Poway Unified School District
or have moved and are now returning to PUSD
Go to (after reading these instructions) the Middle School/High School New Student Enrollment page at https://www.powayusd.com/en-US/Departments/Learning-Support/Enrollment/2020-21-Enrollment/MS-HS-Enrollment
While on the referenced District Enrollment page do the following:
- Click on ADDRESS LOOKUP to verify assigned school (left column)
- READ ALL DIRECTIONS FIRST [Steps 1-5] and click on the New Student Enrollment Intake form in step 1 to upload forms at the bottom of the Middle School/High School New Student Enrollment page.
- Complete Steps 1-5 (read, fill out, upload forms using the intake form from the District Enrollment page, and print ALL required forms)
- You will be contacted via Email by School Staff.
- If you have questions or need help email us at Enrollment-BlackMountain@powayusd.com
- We apologize, but we can not accomodate drop-in enrollments.
- Provide [upload] two proofs of residency (ex.-Mortgage, Lease Agreement, Utility Bill, etc. with Address
- Immunization records
- Birth certificate or Passport
- Upload ALL COMPLETED FORMS from the bottom of PUSD District HS/MS Enrollment page.
2019-20 New Student Enrollment Procedures
Click Here to reach the School District “New Student Enrollment” downloads and fill out required forms. Enrollment forms for next school year are available after May 1st.
You will need to set up an appointment thru the BMMS office 858-484-1300. Please bring completed forms with you when you come to enroll your student, along with 2 proofs of residency, updated immunizations, birth certificate, and final report card or transcript from the last school.
: If you do not reside in the Black Mountain Middle School's boundaries, you will also need to apply for an Intradistrict transfer (within PUSD) district form PP-126 or an Interdistrict transfer (outside PUSD) SDCOE form 341. See 'Student Attendance and Discipline' for the proper form
We cannot enroll your student at our school until your application (Intradistrict or Interdistrict transfer) has been approved.
If you are unsure that your address is in our attendance area, please use our address lookup by Clicking here for Address Lookup
Please bring all forms with you to your scheduled appointment. Once your student is enrolled, you will be given a student ID number for your student.
- If your student has been in Special Education (in resource or speech), please bring a copy of the latest Individual Education Plan (IEP) with you to your enrollment appointment.
- If you are NOT the parent or court-appointed guardian, additional documentation/forms are available at the school.
- If your student is a Special Day Class student, please contact our District Special Education office at 858-668-4100.