Abraxas High School is a continuation high school that serves students who need an educational environment that is smaller, more intimate, and more flexible than what is typically found at comprehensive high schools.
Abraxas students typically select this school because they are at risk of not receiving a high school diploma, and they believe that Abraxas can help to make that goal a reality.
Those who enroll at Abraxas High School are usually 16 years old or older, and voluntarily choose to attend this school because they and their parents appreciate the unique opportunities that Abraxas makes possible.
Have any questions, find the answers on our FAQs page.
Abraxas students can expect to find:
- A quality program of instruction leading to a high school diploma.
- Rigorous academic performance standards.
- Instruction that addresses the Poway Unified School District academic standards.
- Smaller class sizes.
- Various instructional strategies that include open entry/open exit into the school and classes, alternative options to earn elective credits, a shortened school day when appropriate, and work/study options.
- A competent and caring staff who skillfully and patiently address issues confronting students.
- Counseling, career, and vocational guidance services.
You are welcome to stop by for a visit! We are proud of our school and of our students’ success.