Be honest • Don’t deceive, cheat or steal • Be reliable — do what you say you’ll do • Have the courage to do the right thing • Build a good reputation • Be loyal — stand by your family, friends, school and country
- Follow the school bus driver’s instructions at all times. Seating may be assigned.
- Have your bus pass available for scanning when entering or exiting the bus. Show the driver your bus pass, prepaid ticket or fare as you board the bus.
- Bus passes are the property of PUSD and may not be used by other students.
Treat others with respect; follow the Golden Rule • Be tolerant of differences • Use good manners, not bad language • Be considerate of the feelings of others • Don’t threaten, hit or hurt anyone • Deal peacefully with anger, insults and disagreements
- Show respect to the driver and your fellow students.
- Harassment, profanity, vulgarity or obscene gestures will not be tolerated.
Do what you are supposed to do • Persevere: keep on trying! • Always do your best • Use self-control • Be self-disciplined • Think before you act — consider the consequences • Be accountable for your choices
- Emergency exits or driver controls are only to be used in an emergency.
- Non-high school students must be delivered to their assigned bus stop or released to a school administrator.
- Non-high school riders must have a note from their parents, signed by a school administrator, to use a different bus stop.
Play by the rules • Take turns and share • Be open-minded; listen to others • Don’t take advantage of others • Don’t blame others carelessly
- Behave in an orderly manner while waiting for the school bus.
- When the bus approaches, stay back 12 feet with bus pass holders boarding first.
- Enter the bus and take your seat in an orderly manner.
- Remain properly seated, facing forward, keeping your hands to yourself.
- Talk quietly, making no noise that would distract the driver or disturb others.
- Wait until the bus is completely stopped, and the brake is set, before standing.
- Depart the bus in an orderly manner.
- If crossing, follow the driver’s instructions.
Be kind • Be compassionate and show you care • Express gratitude • Forgive others • Help people in need
- Take pride in your school bus. Keep it safe and clean.
- Do not damage seats or equipment.
- Eating, drinking, gum or tobacco chewing, spitting and smoking are not permitted.
- Animals, birds, reptiles, fish, insects, breakable containers, hazardous materials, weapons or any unsafe objects, such as balloons, that have the potential to distract or block the visibilty of the driver, will not be transported.
Do your share to make your school and community better • Cooperate • Get involved in community affairs • Stay informed; vote • Be a good neighbor • Obey laws and rules • Respect authority • Protect the environment
- Students must be fully attired including shoes. No spiked or cleated shoes.
- No intimate behavior of any kind is allowed on the school bus.
- All parts of the body must be kept inside the bus. Objects shall not be thrown inside or from the school bus.