The Princess Bride /Elements of Lit. review
Assigned on Fri., 11/04/11 Due- Mon., 11/07/11
The Princess Bride
Identifying the Elements of Literature...
Students will carefully and silently watch and take notes on the Movie, The Princess Bride. For each of the following (and on your own paper) , identify/give a detailed description from the story. Neatly type your answers (you may handwrite your plot chart for #6) and turn them in on Mon., 11/07/11.
1. Name the 5/ main characters in the story itself.
2. Who are the two/main characters in the background plot/subplot?
3. Who is the protagonist?
4. Who is the main antagonist?
5. Where does this story take place? (Note, there are two parallel settings.)
6. Make a plot chart that lists and details at least 7 steps of the plot in order in addition to the set-up and conclusion.
7. What is colorless, odorless and deadly, according to the story?
8. Who is the Dread Pirate Roberts, and why does he wear a mask?
9. How many men guard the castle gate?
10. Who is the six fingered man?
11. The words, “as you wish” really mean “___________________”
12. List and explain an incident of foreshadowing in this story.
13. What are the three secrets of the fire swamp?
14. Where is Wesley sent to be tortured?
15. What is the name of the kingdom in which the story takes place?