Westview graduates will be:
Critical Thinkers Who:
- Successfully, acquire, analyze, organize & apply information.
- Develop & express creative ideas & solutions
- Examine moral, ethical, & cultural issues from multiple perspectives.
- Integrate & synthesize information across disciplines.
- Demonstrate growth in higher-level thinking skills.
Accomplished Lifelong Learners Who:
- Commit to high academic & personal standards.
- Understand the importance of new experiences & continual education.
- Work well collaboratively in culturally & organizationally diverse settings.
Responsible Citizens Who:
- Understand & appreciate their roles & responsibilities in a global society.
- Acknowledge & are accountable for their actions & choices.
- Demonstrate respect, trustworthiness, responsibility, fairness, caring & citizenship.
- Recognize the impact of human activities on the environment, & their role in its protection.
- Understand the choices necessary to develop a healthy lifestyle.
Effective Communicators Who:
- Listen & communicate well in written, verbal & nonverbal modes.
- Understand & use technology in communication.
- Show respect for diverse perspectives.
- Research, create, & evaluate in written, verbal & nonverbal modes.
- Use communication skills to resolve conflicts through positive alternatives.