Twin Peaks Departmental Information
The goal of Twin Peaks' Math Department is that all of our students will be competent, creative problems solvers with deep math understanding. Math skills and problem solving strategies continually build throughout a student's progression from elementary grades through middle school into high school. Instruction is standards based and achievement is measured by mastery of course standards.
•Pre-Algebra @ 6th and 7th grades
•6th Grade Math
Homework is an integral part of the learning process and students will be assigned regular, meaningful assignments to reinforce skills and concepts taught in class as well as to prepare for future classes. Math homework will generally take the following form:
* Active previewing of upcoming material (previewing textbook)
* Practice of concepts and skills
* Studying for quizzes and tests
Helpful Math Links:
Algebra 1-2 and Geometry students can access their text book and it's supplemental resources online by following the below process.
Choose either the Algebra or Geometry option. All students can access both curriculums...this means geometry students can use it to review algebra and algebra students can look ahead to geometry!
- Go to my.hrw.com
- Username: astudent427
- Password: r7n2
Algebra Readiness students can access their textbook and supplemental resources by the method below.
- This accesses an interactive website for California Algebra Readiness. It has support for students including extra examples, extra practice and on-line quizzes and tests.
- ◦The website is: www.glencoe.com/ose
- ◦ Students or teachers will need to enter the following access code: A70E7A0A3D
- ◦The 0's are the number zero, not letters. If students have Mac computers at home this login may not work. They would have to use option #2.
- This accesses pdf files for the pages in the student edition. It is not very easy to navigate and does not have the support functions found in the interactive OSE.
- ◦The website is: www.glencoe.com/sec/math/ose
- ◦Students or teachers can log-in with a user name and password. The user name is CAALGR and the password is redwood.
For 6th grade Math and Pre-Algebra, use the following usernames and passwords to access online resources.
- •6th Grade Math:
- Username: room913
- Password: p3j2
- • Pre-Algebra:
- Username: room9131
- ◦Password: h2d4
Other Helpful websites:
TPMS Math Course Descriptions
Poway High Math Webpage - Helpful information for scheduling high school math classes is available here at PHS MATH .