Welcome to Turtleback!
Ann Auten, Principal
Monday-Friday: 8:05 am - 11:35 am
8/19/15 to 9/25/15 is 8:05am-12:00pm
Starting September 29th Kindergarten School Hours Are...
Monday - Thursday: 8:05am - 2:20pm
Friday: 8:05am - 12:50pm
Monday - Thursday: 8:05am - 2:30pm
Friday: 8:05am - 1:00pm
Office Hours Starting 8/19/15:
Mon-Thurs 7:40 am - 3:10 pm
Fri 7:40 am - 2:00 pm
Welcome to the 2015-2016 school year!
We have had a fantastic start to our school year! All our Terrapins came to school ready to learn on Wednesday and each day they have become more focused on their schoolwork (and playtime too!). Thank you very much to our parents for making such a great effort to get your kids to school on time. Remember, the first bell rings at 8:05, that means you should be lined up and ready to head to class at that time. If you are not through the school gates by 8:10 please go through the office to pick up a late pass. Just a few reminders to follow to ensure the safety of all our Terrapins:
- TK/K students—supervision begins at 7:50 on the Kindergarten playground, do not arrive to school prior to 7:50
- 1st-5th grade students—beginning at 7:40 there is supervision by the flagpole, do not arrive earlier than 7:40, gates to the playground open at 7:50
- All 1st-5th grade students should enter school in the morning through the large gates by the flagpole. TK and K students enter through the Kindergarten gate.
- Any adult checking a student out of school early MUST show a photo ID in the office, always be prepared to show your ID
- If you plan on volunteering, please make sure all paper work is up to date in the office
Parking Lot and Drop Off etiquette:
- ALWAYS proceed with caution in the circle and in the parking lot
- ALWAYS use the crosswalks in the parking lot
- Do not cross between cars
- There is NO dropping off of students along the curb in the parking lot - drop off is reserved for the circle only.
- Parking lot curb is reserved for Special Education Buses and Day Care Vans only, please do not drop off or park at the curb.
- The circle is for drop off and pick up only - DO NOT leave your car unattended in the circle at any time.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask me or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ann Auten, Principal
The office is open Monday-Thursday from 7:40 a.m. to 3:10 p.m., and Friday from 7:40 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. The playground opens for Terrapins at 7:50 a.m. All Terrapins are expected to go to the playground before school. There is no playground supervision after school. Terrapins are expected to go home when school is released unless they attend ESS (Extended Student Services). For more information about ESS, contact the ESS Office at (858) 673-3659.
Events and Information
TBK Education Foundation Pledge Form
Join the Green Team here
Please take a moment to review the Student Handbook with your child. This handbook has Terrapin character expectations as well as other general information about our school.
Riding a bicycle is limited to children in grades 3, 4, and 5. Each child must wear a helmet and provide a lock for his/her bicycle. Students riding a bike to school must have a permission slip (click here) to download a form) signed by a parent, on file in the school office. Skateboards, roller shoes, and rollerblades are not allowed on campus.