About Morning Creek Elementary
All Students Learning
At Morning Creek Elementary we are accountable for all students learning. Our staff is dedicated to helping every child acquire the knowledge, skills, and attitudes needed to be successful in school, the community, and the workplace. Working alongside our school staff is a very committed parent community. Parent and community volunteers assist in our classrooms daily and collaborate with teachers to present lessons in every classroom. Parents, teachers, and support staff cooperatively serve on many of our school’s decision making committees, i.e., School Site Council, PTA, GATE, EL, and our Elementary Foundation.
Retired volunteers from Older Adult Service and Information System (OASIS) assist our students on a daily basis. More than twenty community volunteers serve our school with parents providing more than 8,000 volunteer hours per year.
A Gathering Place
The Morning Creek community is a gathering place. Seven days a week our campus is alive with people from early morning to late evening. During the week our Extended Student Services program opens at 6:30 a.m. and closes at 6:00 p.m. each evening. Our preschool classes meet each day serving more than 100 students. Recreational sports are scheduled throughout every weekend as well as practices after school each day and Boys Scouts, Girl Scouts, and a church use our school in the evenings and on weekends.
The "Colt Way"
When individuals visit our school, they are impressed withthe respectful behavior and eagerness to learn demonstrated by our students. Our students ascribe to what we call “The Colt Way” which focuses on six character pillars – trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring, and citizenship. “The Colt Way” serves as the overarching manner in which business is conducted on our campus as it encapsulates our values and core beliefs such as the following:
- The dignity of each person and the importance of every task will be respected.
- Every student will have equal education opportunities.
- Every one is responsible to see that the entire school functions to serve the needs of the students.
- Students will be provided with the knowledge, skills, and attitudes necessary to become contributing members of society.
- Individual learning styles and developmental needs will be consistently addressed.
- Our school should be safe and secure.
- Students will be valued for their individual gifts and diversity.
- Everyone deserves to be recognized for his or her efforts as well as his or her accomplishments and achievements.
Morning Creek staff and parents feel that our collaborative spirit is our greatest strength. We all work together to create a school environment which is stimulating and student-centered! As our district mission states, “We are Committed to Excellence In All We Do."