Learning Support Services
13626 Twin Peaks Road, Poway, CA 92064
PHYSICAL EDUCATION (OCIS-PE)
STUDENTS NEW TO DISTRICT ONLY MAY ENROLL FOR FALL -
FALL APPLICATION DUE BY AUGUST 30, 2014
(see calendar link below for trimester schools):
APPLICATION FOR SPRING 2014-15 DUE NOVEMBER 7, 2014
APPEAL FOR SPRING 2013-14 DUE DECEMBER 12, 2014.
APPLICATION FOR FALL 2015-16 DUE MARCH 20, 2015.
APPEAL FOR FALL 2015-16 DUE APRIL 24, 2015.
TURN IN APPLICATION TO YOUR SITE'S DESIGNEE BY THE DUE DATE.
APPLICATIONS RETURNED AFTER THE DEADLINE STATED IN THE APPLICATION
WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED FOR ANY REASON
Off Campus Independent Study for Physical Education (OCIS-PE) is a program designed to assist athletes with their training schedules by allowing the student to take their Physical Education class at their training facility, under the direct supervision of their coach. The coach or trainer working with the athlete MUST be CPR/First-Aid certified in order to be considered. OCIS-PE must be a significantly different program that involves an activity in which the applicant competes at a state, regional, or national level. A major factor in determining acceptance or rejection of this request will be the difference between a recreational and a competitive program. OCIS-PE is not allowed for any team sports.
The nature of the activity must provide a training and weekly practice schedule minimum of 10 hours per week for middle school and 15 hours per week for high school- that indicates the applicant is a serious participant. Documentation of competition and/or performance at the Regional (Northern, Central, or Southern California), State or National level must be submitted to the site administrator.
In the case of dance, participants must be an auditioned member of a studio competition team or performance company, be in the pursuance of a career in the dance performing arts, and supply additional documentation.
THE FINAL GRADE MARK IS EITHER A PASS OR FAIL. No letter grades are assigned for approved OCIS-PE students.
In order for an application to be considered complete, the application must have the following:
- Copy of Coach's CPR/First Aid attached
- Copy of Coach's proof of negative TB testing within last 4 years
- Copy of Coach's qualification card attached
- Documentation of competition/performance level of REGIONAL OR NATIONAL rankings attached
- Master Agreement page completed
- Verifying Signatures page completed
- Instructors' Qualifications page completed
- Learning Plan completed
- Dance - Studio printout of weekly schedule (MUST include class description, time and duration, along with teacher's name and contact phone number)
- Dance - Copy of current Competition Team or Performance Contract (signed and dated)
- Dance - List of Competition Pieces and Choreographer names and contact phone numbers (minimum of three required annually - one of which may be a solo)
- Dance - Official/Sealed DOJ level fingerprinting
Return completed applications to your school site, unless your student is a current 5th grader or 8th grader. Current 5th and 8th grade applications must be returned to the school the student will attend NEXT school year.
OCIS-PE CALENDAR OF DUE DATES: Spring 2014-15 and Fall 2015-16 (pdf)
Download the application:
- OCIS-PE application: Spring 2014-15 and Fall 2015-16 (pdf)
- OCIS-PE Incoming 6th Grader application: 2015-2016 (pdf)
- Additional Attendance Sheets (After Approval): Attendance Log (pdf)
Patty Hurtt, Assistant Principal
858 - 748 - 0010, Ext. 2063
Help support the Home/Hospital Program with our School Fundraiser - Cell Phone Recycling and Ink Jet Cartridge Fundraiser