- Assistance Needed to Access PUSD Online Information - Please email or call the PUSD Help Desk for assistance at email@example.com or 858-521-2790 ~ For Technical Support, click on the Tab "Technology Help"...
- MyPlan Parent and Student Tutorial
- PUSD MyPlan Help Desk
- MyPlan Portal
- LearningPoint Help
- Password Reset
- Compass Learning Help
- Attendance and Discipline
- Bus Passes
- CAHSEE Letter
- Enrollment, New Student
- Lunch Menus
- Registration, Continuing Student
- Special Education
Programs for Students
- After School Programs
- Alternative Programs
- CA Physical Fitness Testing
- Caring Connections Center
- Character Counts!
- English Language Learners (ELL)
- ESS (Extended Day Services)
- Gifted and Talented Education (GATE )
- Hospitalized or homebound students
- Off Campus Independent Study for Physical Education (OCIS-PE)
- Poway's Extended Primary Program (PEPP)
- Preschool Program
- Primary Interaction Program (PIP)
- School Choice Under Program Improvement
Support for Parents
- Active Parenting of Teens
- Computer Security and Internet Safety
- Megan's Law Information
- Parent Emergency/Disaster Preparedness Planning Guide
- Special Education Parent Resource Center
- Volunteer Information
For Technology Support, click on the Tab "Technology Help"...
- STANDARDS information for Parents (SEE COMMON CORE RESOURCES)
- ASSESSMENT information for Parents
- STATE TESTING information for Parents
- DISTRICT TESTING information for Parents
- MAP RESOURCES for Parents
- ELEMENTARY RESOURCE GUIDE for Parents (Standards)
- CST Released Test Questions (2003-2008) (Standards)
- GATE Information
Check out these Parent Education Courses offered 2013-14:
To Register for these classes fill out this form and mail to:
13626 Twin Peaks Rd, Bldg #300
Poway, CA 92064
Based on the best seller by Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish parents will learn to avoid turning simple conversations into arguments, instruct rather than criticize when correcting your child, choose effective alternatives to punishment, show your child how to make amends, allow them to experience the direct consequences of their actions. See immediate changes in your relationship with your children! Prior registration through the mail is recommended although walk-ins will be accommodated on a first come-first served basis. Series is $39/individual + $15/book = $54 total or $69/couple + $15/book = $84 total. FREE childcare and scholarship opportunities may be available at some sites.
*Call 858-668-4084 for more information!
#1 Wednesdays, 10/9, 10/16, 10/23, 10/30 from 6-7:45 p.m. in MPR @Park Village
#2 Thursdays, 1/16, 1/23, 2/6, 2/13 from 6-7:45 p.m. in MPR @Stone Ranch
#3 Tuesdays, 3/4, 3/11, 3/18, 3/25 from 6-7:45 p.m. in MPR @ Turtleback
#4 Tuesdays, 4/22, 4/29, 5/6, 5/13 from 6-7:45 p.m. in MPR @ Highland Ranch
Active Parenting of Teens is a highly successful, research based program by Michael Popkin, Ph.D, which provides parents with the skills they need to use effective discipline, teach responsibility and communicate with their teens. Each session also shows parents how to handle sensitive issues such as drugs, sexuality and peer pressure. Prior registration through the mail is recommended although walk-ins will be accommodated on a first-come, first served basis. Scholarship opportunities may be available at some school sites. Series is $39/individual + $15/book = $54 total or $69/couple + $15/book = $84 total.
*Call 858-668-4084 for more information!
#5 Thursdays, 10/17, 10/24, 11/7, 11/14 from 6:30-8:30 p.m. in LRC @Twin Peaks
#6 Tuesdays, 1/14, 1/21, 1/28, 2/4 from 6:30-8:30 p.m. in LRC @Bernardo Heights
#7 Wednesdays, 2/5, 2/12, 2/26, 3/5 from 6:30-8:30 p.m. in D19 @Mt. Carmel
#8 Thursdays, 3/6, 3/13, 3/20, 3/27 from 6:30-8:30 p.m. in LRC @Meadowbrook
The Caring Connections Center hosts FREE parent workshops from 6-7:30 p.m. (unless otherwise noted) presented by community therapists. Prior registration by phone is recommended although walk-ins will be accommodated on a first-come, first served basis. *Call 858-668-4084 to register!
#9 Thursday, 10/10 from 6:30-8:00 p.m. Peaceful Co-Parenting is Possible! Tracy Wutzke, Psy.D. www.drtracywutzke.com
#10 Wednesday, 11/6 Helping Your Child Cope with Anxiety and Academic Pressure!
Aleksandra Drecun, Psy.D. www.a4ct.com
#11 Thursday, 1/9 A Teen’s World 101- Latest Research on the Teenage Brain, Eating Disorders & More! Divya Kakaiya, Psy.D. www.healthywithin.com
#12 Wednesday, 3/12 Reducing Stress and Creating Balance Through Mindfulness and Yoga! Pilar Placone, Ph.D. www.pilarplaconephd.com and Sara Holliday, MFT www.fitbysara.com
#13 Thursday, 4/3 How Quality Family Time Can Actually Prevent Drug and Alcohol Abuse! Kim Jones, MFT www.kimjonescounseling.com and Sean O’Hara, Psy.D. www.seanohara.com
These one evening workshops are presented by Laurie Wong. FREE childcare and scholarship opportunities may also be available at some sites. Prior registration by phone is recommended although walk-ins will be accommodated on a first-come, first served basis. Evening is $10/per person. Bring cash or check made out to PUSD only. Sorry, no refunds. *Call 858-668-4084 for more information!
#14 Finding Peace During Homework Time! Tues, 10/8 from 6-7:30 p.m. in the MPR @Morning Creek
#15 Understanding Your Child’s Behavior! Wed, 11/13 from 6-7:30 p.m. in MPR @Painted Rock
#16 Siblings Without Rivalry! Tues, 12/10 from 6-7:30 p.m. in LRC @Valley
#17 No More Power Struggles! Wed, 1/15 from 6-7:30 p.m. in MPR @Monterey Ridge
#18 What Parents Can Do About Bullying! Tues, 2/11 from 6-7:30 p.m. in MPR @Canyon View
#19 Help Your Child Manage Strong Feelings! Wed, 4/16 from 6-7:30 p.m. in MPR @Creekside
Positive Parenting Program workshops presented by Jewish Family Services consist of three FREE 90-minute seminars and include topics such as resiliency, independence, respect and cooperation in children. The curriculum is based on Triple P America, a research-based program that has been shown to promote family harmony, reduce parent-child conflicts, foster successful peer relationships, and prepare children for successful experiences at school. FREE childcare for school aged children is available. Prior registration by phone is recommended although walk-ins will be accommodated on a first-come, first served basis. *Call 858-668-4084 to register!
#20 Tues-Thurs-Tues 9/10, 9/12, 9/17 from 6-8 p.m. in LRC @Valley
* Offered in English and Spanish
#21 Mon-Wed-Mon 12/2, 12/4, 12/9 from 6-8 p.m. in Resource Center @Pomerado
#22 Mon-Wed-Mon 2/3, 2/5, 2/10 from 6-8 p.m. in LRC @Sundance
#23 Mon-Wed-Mon 3/17, 3/19, 3/24 from 6-8 p.m. in LRC @Valley
* Offered in English and Spanish
#24 Wed-Mon-Wed 3/26, 3/31, 4/2 from 6-8 p.m. in MPR @Morning Creek
- What information do you have about relocating within the district?
- How can I enroll my child in the National School Lunch Program for free and reduced price meals?
- How do I obtain a high school transcript?
- How do I obtain a bus pass for my student?
- How do I receive help with LearningPoint?
- What about FERPA waivers?
- How do I find out information on the Student Internet Policy & Procedures?
- Can you tell me about the Middle School After School Activities (ASA) Program?
- Is there a directory of district phone numbers?
- To view a PDF file download Acrobat Reader by clicking here.
- What is the latest on school boundaries?
- Do you offer any before and after school programs?
- How do I receive more information on the community education programs?
- Where and when can I obtain a TB test?
- How do I acquire information regarding job openings and obtain an application?
- How do I locate a specific school's information?
- Is there a map of the district?
- What days off do my children have this year?