Students may not work until the actual work permit has been issued.
Approving Work Permits
Student attendance, discipline and course history records will be reviewed.
The minimum requirements are (all within the current school year):
- Minimum 2.0 GPA, both cumulative and current quarter
- Minimum current grade of "C" in any class
- Less than three unexcused absences total in all classes
- Less than three unexcused tardies total in all classes
- No excessive excused absences in all classes
- No excessive disciplinary action taken
If you are interested in work experience credits, please see Mrs. Rankin in Room A104 for more information.
Steps To Obtaining A Work Permit
Work permits takes 1-2 school days to process so plan accordingly.
- Complete the Work Permit Request Instructions and the (B1-1) Statement of Intent to Employ a Minor form. All signatures are required on both forms.
- Return these two completed forms to Ms. Bloomfield in the Wolverine Center.
- Students must pick up the work permit since it requires their signature.
If everything is satisfactory, the work permit will be issued. If you are planning to work more than 36 hours per week (must be at least 16 years old), see Ms. Bloomfield in the Wolverine Center for additional requirements. If you do not meet these minimum requirements, you will need to sign a behavior contract prior to the issuance of a work permit if one is authorized
(administrator will determine suitability). In some cases, students will need to show improvement before a work permit will be approved or will have work limitations.
Work Permit Revocation
If, at any point during the school year, you no longer meet the minimum requirements as outlined in the "Approving Work Permits" section above, your work permit may be revoked.
Entertainment Work Permits
If you need to obtain an entertainment work permit, download this form
and follow the procedures listed on the document. When obtaining school authorities signatures, please return the form to Ms. Bloomfield for processing.
The local Division of Labor Standards Enforcement office is located at:
7575 Metropolitan Drive, Suite 210
San Diego, CA 92108
For more information on entertainment work permits, click here