Welcome to the 2015-2016 School year.
We are now accepting application packets for substitute teaching
In addition to the completed on-line application form [Apply on-line at: http://applicant.powayusd.com], you are required to provide hard copies of the following, prior to being scheduled for an orientation:
- Teaching Credential (30-day emergency, multiple subject or single subject credential). You must also register your credential with the San Diego Office of Education in order for you to be hired. If you do not hold a valid California Credential and would like to obtain information on the requirements and process for obtaining a California Credential you may wish to contact:
- San Diego Office of Education
6401 Linda Vista Rd., Bldg #4
San Diego, CA 92111
- Fingerprinting - If you are applying for a California Credential or Emergency Permit for the first time you will be required to pay an additional fingerprint fee through the San Diego County Office of Education in order to receive the initial issuance of your credential or permit.
- CBEST Examination – If you are applying with a 30-day emergency credential, verification that you have passed the CBEST examination is mandatory. Please provide a hard copy with your required documents listed below.
- TB Certification - In accordance with the Education Code, all employees must provide proof of having been checked and found free of active tuberculosis before beginning employment. Please provide evidence of a negative test within the last 4 years. A copy of the test results is sufficient.
- Documents – Hard copies provided to the District Office.
- Copy of your Passport, Driver’s License or Military ID card
- Social Security Card. We are required to make a copy of the actual signed card
- Three letters of recommendation
- Unofficial copies of your transcripts
- CBEST verification if 30-day emergency credential
*Poway Unified holds mandatory orientations. All new substitutes must attend an orientation before they can begin substitute teaching for the district. You will be scheduled after we review your completed packet.
*Application packets will be accepted on the following days and times,
Monday 9:00-1:00pm, Wednesday12:00-4:00pm, and Friday 9:00-1:00pm at:
- Poway Unified School District, Attn: Personnel
15250 Avenue of Science,
San Diego, CA 92128-3406
*Please bring copies of all of the required documentation except your social security card as we are required to make the copy. Incomplete packets will not be accepted for processing.
Apply on-line at: http://applicant.powayusd.com
Any questions please feel free to contact JoAnn Roberson at the Substitute Assignment Desk: email@example.com Or firstname.lastname@example.org for scheduling.