Substitute Teacher Information
Phone: (858) 521-2774 FAX: (858) 485-1355
PUSD is accepting applications for substitute teachers.
Effective January 6, 2014 we will also process applicants with the 30 day emergency credential.
In addition to the completed online application form [Apply on-line at: http://applicant.powayusd.com], you must provide Human Resources with copies of the following documents, prior to being scheduled for an orientation:
Valid California Credential - You must provide the District with a copy of your valid California Teaching Credential (multiple subject, single subject, or the 30 day emergency credential). You must also register your credential with the San Diego Office of Education in order for you to be hired. If you do not hold a valid California Credential and would like to obtain information on the requirements and process for obtaining a California Credential you may wish to contact:
San Diego Office of Education
6401 Linda Vista Rd.
San Diego, CA 92111
- San Diego Office of Education
- Fingerprinting - If you are applying for a California Credential or Emergency Permit for the first time you will be required to pay an additional fingerprint fee through the San Diego County Office of Education in order to receive the initial issuance of your credential or permit.
- TB Certification - In accordance with the Education Code, all employees must provide proof of having been checked and found free of active tuberculosis before beginning employment. Please provide evidence of a negative test within the last 4 years. A copy of the test results is sufficient.
- Copy of your Passport, Driver’s License or Military ID card.
- Social Security Card. Your original Social Security card is required, we will make the copy.
- Three letters of recommendation or your Placement File.
- Unofficial copies of your transcripts
- C-Best test results are required for 30 day emergency credential applicants
The daily rate of pay for substitutes is $100 a day, $110.00 on Friday (or the last day of the work week) and any Special Education assignment is $115.00.
Poway Unified holds mandatory orientations. All new substitutes must attend an orientation before they can begin substitute teaching for the district.
Apply on-line at: http://applicant.powayusd.com
Any questions please feel free to contact JoAnn Roberson at the Substitute Assignment Desk: email@example.com