PEPP-TRANSITIONAL KINDERGARTEN [TK] 2012-13
Poway’s Extended Primary Program-Transitional Kindergarten
Sal Embry, Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
PEPP will be known as Transitional Kindergarten or TK
beginning in the 2013-14 school year.
For information regarding Kindergarten/Transitional Kindergarten
enrollment for the 2013-14 school year click here.
There will be a parent information night at Painted Rock Elementary School on Thursday, March 7th at 6:30pm.
Many children entering Kindergarten at a younger age benefit from being given additional time to develop the self-confidence and readiness skills necessary for academic success. Poway Unified School District offers the Poway Extended Primary Program-Transitional Kindergarten (PEPP-TK), a developmental program designed primarily for our younger kindergarten students, born between June 1st and December 2nd, and students with individual needs who would benefit from two years in a Kindergarten class.
PEPP-TK has been in Poway schools for over ten years and is modeled after successful programs in other school districts. The program offers a developmental curriculum with instruction geared toward individual needs. PEPP-TK is not intended as a remedial or special services program, but rather a developmentally appropriate first year of kindergarten, preparing students for a smooth transition to a traditional kindergarten classroom the following year.
PEPP-TK is offered at several schools within our District. Placement in PEPP-TK is offered first to students living within the attendance boundaries of the school offering a PEPP-TK class. Parents may enroll their child during the first ten days of the scheduled kindergarten enrollment period at the school site, in May.
Should there be availability, enrollment is then open to parents wishing to transfer students from other schools where PEPP-TK is not available. Parents wishing to transfer their child into a PEPP-TK class, MUST place their name on a District transfer list. Select "PEPP-TK Interest Wait List" to put your child's name on the list. The PEPP-TK Interest Wait list opens March 1, 2012. The assigned PEPP-TK school site will notify parents on the transfer list of an opening in PEPP-TK. The parent will then be given 48 hours to enroll.
Students that participate in PEPP-TK will be attending school daily on the half-day kindergarten schedule. They will also be eligible for Extended Student Services (ESS) for before and after school care.
Should you have any questions about PEPP-TK, please call your local neighborhood school or Sal Embry, PEPP-TK Coordinator, at email@example.com .
Items Required for Kindergarten Registration (print version - click here)
- His/her original birth certificate
- His/her shot record. Your student will need all the shots required for attending school prior to registration which include:
- 4 Doses – POLIO (3 doses if at least one dose was given on or after fourth birthday)
- 5 Doses – DPT (4 doses if at least one dose was given on or after fourth birthday)
- 2 Doses – MMR (Both doses must be given on or after first birthday)
- 3 Doses - Hepatitis B
- 1 Dose - Varicella (Chicken Pox) - If immunization has not been given, documentation from health care provider noting the date of the disease or immunity)
- Two proofs of residency
- Deed to a home;
- Escrow papers for a home;
- Tax receipt (property taxes or personal taxes);
- Receipt for deposit with the local utility company and/or receipt for bills paid to the local utility company, i.e., propane, SDG&E;
- Rental agreement with property owner or agent’s signature (notarized or verified under penalty of perjury);
- Other government or business document which reliably establishes current residence, as determined by the District.