Welcome to Highland
Cindy Venolia, Principal
14840 Waverly Downs Way, San Diego CA 92128
Phone: 858-674-4707 Fax: 858-485-7642
ESS: 858 485-7310
Attendance – 858-485-4876
Office Hours: M-F 7:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
School Hours: 7:45 a.m. - 1:45 p.m.
RANCH ROUND-UP ~ October 17, 2014
- MusicMentoringFlyer 100314.doc
- SecondStepPVflyer 100314.docx
- 2014-2015/10 percent off.pdf
- 2014-2015/School Family Photo Night (2).pdf
SAVE THE DATE: Please see our website for the full year calendar, it is updated as needed.
- 20th-23 Ghost Gram Sale
- 20-24th -Red Ribbon Week (RB Broncos for Monday Flag and K/1 recess)
- 25th-Howlapalooza 4-7pm Blacktop/Lunch area
- 27th-28th- Ghost Gram Sale
- 28th- TGFD Assembly Grade 4/5 (1-1:45)
- 29th-TGFD Assembly Grade 1 (1-1:45)
- 29th-Restaurant Night Cafasso’s Meatball Company
- 30th- TGFD Assembly Grade 2 (1-1:45)
- 31st Ghost Grams go home
SOME IMPORTANT DATES TO CALENDAR
- November 17 – Conference Day – No Students
- November 20 and 21 – Minimum Days for Conference (dismissal 11:15)
- December 10 – Minimum Day for Professional growth (dismissal 11:15)
- January 16 – Professional growth – No Students
- February 11 – Minimum Day for Professional growth (dismissal 11:15)
Please visit the PTA website for full descriptions of all PTA events and news (including details on everything listed below) at http://hrespta2.wix.com/hrespta
Spirit Store: https://hrespta.myschoolcentral.com Shop for all things PTA!
Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/highlandranchpta Like our page! This is just another way to stay connected to HRES PTA!
SPIRIT WEAR AVAILABLE ALL YEAR IN THE SPIRIT STORE
PLEASE SEE THE ATTACHED FLYER ABOUT YEARBOOK SALES
Please see attached flyer for the instructions on how to sign-up for a Family Photo Shoot at the Holiday Boutique!
VOLUNTEER TO HELP DECORATE THE SCHOOL FOR RED RIBBON WEEK: On Sunday 19th October we will be tying ribbons around trees and hanging posters on classroom doors. Click this link to go to our invitation page on VolunteerSpot: http://vols.pt/EpikhZ Any time you can donate is appreciated.
RED RIBBON WEEK SCHEDULE:
Monday 20th October
- Theme: Red spirit day.
- What to wear: Wear as much red as you can.
- We will have a special Monday flag with special guests Brian Maienshein and the RB Broncos.
Tuesday 21st October
- Theme: Don't let drugs turn you inside out.
- Wear: Wear your clothes inside out.
- Wednesday 22nd October
- Theme: Hats off to being drug free.
- Wear: Design and wear a crazy hat! Prizes will be given to the best hats. A prize will be given for the best teachers hat too.
Thursday 23rd October
- Theme: Team up against drugs.
- Wear: Dress the same as your friend and be twins for the day.
Friday 24th October
- Theme: Follow your dreams and "Hugs not Drugs".
- Wear: PJs and bring your favorite fluffy friend (not too big)
COMPETITIONS & ACTIVITIES
- Coloring competition - K to 3rd Grade: Available to download and print from the website. Entries are due to Teachers by 1pm Thursday 23rd Oct.
- Essay competition - 4th & 5th Grade:Available to download and print from the website. Entries are due to Teachers by 1pm Thursday 23rd Oct.
- Crazy Hat competition Design a crazy hat to wear at recess on Wednesday 22nd October for hats off to drugs. There will be prizes awarded for the craziest hats. There will be a prize for the craziest teachers hat too.
- Bookmarks:Children will receive a special Red Ribbon Week bookmark when they visit the library.
Help Support the Garden: Pumpkins will be available for sale at Friday flag. We will have Pumpkins of two sizes. Large ones for $5 and small ones for $3.
Fall Fundraising Campaign Update- Get your Highland Ranch Foundation car magnet now! If you donate to the Fall Campaign at the Thoroughbred level ($76 or above), you will receive a cool Foundation logo car magnet.
We will continue to accept your tax-deductible donations through November 21st. The Fall Campaign Donors are now recognized on the Foundation Website.
Thank you for your support!
Announcing eScrip program: Do you shop at Vons, or Fresh & Easy? Visit our website for instructions and instructional video on how to enroll. eScrip online mall links us to over 800 online merchants including Macy's, Nordstrom, and JC Penny. Visit our website for more details. http://www.highlandrancheducationalfoundation.org/ways-to-help.html#shop
Stop by the Foundation table at Friday flag for questions regarding Ralphs, eScrip or Amazon.
NATIONAL PTA REFLECTIONS ART PROGRAM- Calling ALL artists! Each participant is required to fill in the Student Entry form and the Consent form that you will find on this link: http://www.palomarcouncil.com/reflections.html. Each participant whether they progress to the next level or not will receive a certificate. Entry deadline is Oct. 31st.
HOWLAPALOOZA Tix On Sale! Purchase pre-sale tickets at a discounted rate after school on Wednesday and before school on Fridays or online at the Spirit Store. You can also buy a Enjoy the City discount book at that time.
HOWLAPALOOZA Volunteers Needed It takes nearly 300 volunteers to make the Fall Festival happen. Please sign up for 1 or 2 spots to help make it a great fundraiser for our HRES Community. You do not have to be a Megan’s Law cleared volunteer in order to volunteer. Fall Festival Volunteer Sign Up: http://vols.pt/1SMhKT
HOLIDAY BOUTIQUE – Save the DATE - November 20th 6-8pm– There will be a brief PTA meeting from 6-6:15. Bring the family for a fun family night and get your holiday shopping and family portrait done at the same time! A special performance by the HRES chorus and milk and cookies with the principal is just some of the fun in store for you. You don’t want to miss this!