Instructions for Outside Organizations
Procedures for Flyer Distribution to Families
Our district cooperates with approved 501c3 non-profit community partners, groups, and organizations by posting eflyers online and distributing them electronically through our service provider, Peachjar. As part of our efforts to be more environmentally friendly, embrace innovative technology, and maintain fiscal responsibility, we have transitioned from paper to electronic flyer delivery.
To request flyer approval, follow the steps below. Once approved, your flyer will be emailed to all parents and posted online. Paper flyers from outside organizations will no longer be distributed.
- IMPORTANT: Read the PUSD Flyer Approval Policies here
- Visit www.peachjar.com
- Register as an Enrichment / Community Org. (account type).
- Upload your flyer for approval.
Your flyer will be automatically submitted to the district office. District staff will review the material and approve or deny based on the standards below. Peachjar charges outside organizations a fee for this service which is typically much less than the cost to copy and deliver paper flyers to each school.
NOTE: If you are a parent group at one of our PUSD schools, these instructions do not apply. Click here for instructions.
If an organization wishes to provide paper flyers, the flyers must first be approved by the District Office. Once The organization has an approval form issued by PUSD via email, they can then give copies of the flyers to the school office, where they will be made available at or near the front counter. No paper copies will be given to teachers or staff to distribute to students for taking home.
Flyers to be Sent to PUSD Teachers Only
If you would like to send information to PUSD teachers, you can select "for District Staff" during your flyer uploading process. Material sent to teachers should be information about possible student workshop or field trip opportunities, or availability of inexpensive or free quality classroom materials.
Posters from outside organizations to be mounted for display on school grounds must first be approved by the school's administration and each copy of the poster initialed. Posters do not need to be approved at the PUSD District Office.
PUSD Flyer Policies -- Outside Organizations
All flyers to be distributed must:
- Support the basic educational mission of the district, directly benefit the students, or be of intrinsic value to the students or their parents/guardians.
- Be in PDF format.
- Contain font sizes not less than size 12.
- Contain the name and contact information of the sponsoring entity.
- Be submitted in English (Spanish also for Midland Elementary, Valley Elementary, Pomerado Elementary, and Abraxas High School in the same document). Flyers can have multiple pages, and you will only be charged for one flyer. Please provide an accurate translation-- be advised that Google Translate is not sufficient, and your flyer will not be approved.
- The following board policies are applicable: 7.9.1 and 7.9.2.
- Include the following disclaimer using exact wording not less than size 12 font, in both English and Spanish:
"DISCLAIMER: This activity is not a school-sponsored activity and is not endorsed by the school or Poway Unified School District. The activities, products, or services advertised in this flyer are not endorsed by the school or the District.”
Flyers will NOT be approved that:
- Are lewd, obscene, libelous, or slanderous.
- Incite students to commit unlawful acts, violate school rules, or disrupt the orderly operation of the schools.
- Promote any particular political interest, candidate, party, or ballot measure, unless the candidates or advocates from all sides are provided the opportunity to present their views to the students during school hours or during events scheduled pursuant to the Civic Center Act.
- Proselytize or position the district on any side of a controversial issue.
- Discriminate against, attack or denigrate any group on account of gender, race, age, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, disability or other unlawful consideration.
- Promote the use or sale of materials or services that are illegal or inconsistent with school objectives, including, but not limited to, materials or advertisements for tobacco, intoxicants, and movies or products unsuitable for children
- Solicit funds or services for an organization, with the exception of solicitations authorized in Board policy.
During the school year, one day each week, Friday, has been set aside for electronic distribution of all flyers from outside organizations. Materials for District approval must be submitted to Peachjar at www.peachjar.com prior to 4:30p on Thursday. All approved flyers will be posted each Friday to school websites under the Peachjar link in addition to being sent out to parents' emails.